Search results for query: *

1. C

The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

My son played with my hywood and senior shaft yesterday. He is 28 years old. He was killing it off the tee and hitting it further then my drives. I couldn't believe it.
  2. C

Ear problems, Tinnitus

That's how I view it when going to sleep, sounds like crickets. But, during the day, it drives me crazy.
  3. C

Ear problems, Tinnitus

A family member said she manages it with a noise machine sleeping at night. Plus, listening to podcasts. She said, the more you feed the brain with sound it retrains it to hear the sound and not create it's own. After 6 months she is not cured but much better.
  4. C

Ear problems, Tinnitus

Thanks, Russtopher. I never drink enough water, it's good for a lot of health issues. Good to know it can be manageable. I guess this was eventually going to happen. On and off, I would have episodes of hearing crickets at night watching TV. I honestly thought there was a cricket in the room. I...
  5. C

Ear problems, Tinnitus

Yes, I've heard it gets worse at night but mainly because it gets quiet and it is more noticeable.
  6. C

Ear problems, Tinnitus

Has anyone experienced ear problems such as popping, then Tinnitus? I've actually occasionally experienced this in the past. But, didn't know it was a thing and blew it off. Now, after a possible infection (went to a gp for treatment), I am hearing buzzing and ringing in my ears all of the time...
  7. C

Wilson D9 Driver

Took my new Wilson D9 Driver out for a spin today and I liked the way it performed. It is very forgiving and light. Good for a Senior with a slower swing speed. I used to have a D100 driver so it was like going back to an old friend. For the price, $149.97, free shipping new at PGA SS, it was a...
  8. C

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Wilson D9 driver, 13 degrees, regular shaft. Free shipping, $149.97.
  9. C

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons

Congrats on the 83. The stock grips are horrible. They wore out in a few months. I ordered my Halos plus 1/2 and feel like it became more flexible than I cared for. I would be careful making the change and get professional advice.
  10. C

The 60 and over Thread

Recently, I took out my trusty Nike Ignite 13 degree driver for practice. By mistake I brought my short tees. I noticed it was very easy to control and it had a lower flight. I believe with the high loft, it gave the flight some elevation. But, it was so consistent and plenty long. Brought it to...
  11. C

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Pondering a Wilson D9 13 degree Sr shaft driver. It's cheap on line. But, some reviews say the club broke after 2 months. Anyone hit this club?
  12. C

Playing from bare lies

This is a good one from Dan to pop over a trap. Stand close, toe down, cut across the ball, little hinge, hit just behind it.
  13. C

Playing from bare lies

Have had a terrible time hitting pitches off of bare lies this season. Especially when needing to get it over a trap. My misses are mainly fat shots. Any ideas to improve contact?
  14. C

Cobra F-Max 22 Irons

Not familiar with them. Maybe someone who has them will comment. In my opinion you're better off with a used Tour Edge C722 or C723 irons or used hybrid irons like HB Turbo from Cleveland for a little more money.
  15. C

SuperStroke buys Lamkin

makes sense, SS is known for putter grips, this gets them into swing grips. Their swing grips were below average.
  16. C

Feeling Terrible Because I Hit A Kid In The Face With A Drive Today

Sorry to hear it, it wasn't intentional. One time I was waived up on a par 3 by one member of the group. Hit another person on the shoulder as he was not aware that I had been waived up. Accidents happen everywhere including the golf course.
  17. C

The hybrid irons tend to hook a little. It's hard to fade or slice them.
  18. C

Don't get discouraged. If you're coming from traditional irons, there's an adjustment period. It will be worth it!
  19. C

The 60 and over Thread

You can't go wrong with CPO or the Halos. If cost is an issue, then the Cleveland HB Turbos used are a good choice. If you build a Halo set and based on what you said about your iron play, I'd add a few Halo hybrids 4, 5, 6.
  20. C

Deep faced 3 wood suggestion?

My son is basically a beginner, he'll play once every few years. But, he seems to be more interested now. He is looking for an easy to hit 3 wood off the tee. I was thinking of a deeper faced club. New is good maybe a previous gen. But, a used club might work. Thoughts?
Back