Search results for query: *

1. L

Scheffler just got arrested!

Scheffler's continuous refusal to admit wrongdoing reveals a lack of integrity , not classy behavior.
  2. L

Elitism.
  3. L

One Slice - Which is Superior?

NYC.
  4. L

How to let a fellow player know that they need to speed up.

The overall pace of play does improve because what's been eliminated is the chance of a slow foursome falling behind 1.5 holes, 2 holes, 2.5 holes etc...
  5. L

Bill Walton passes away

Quote from Kareem Abdul Jabbar about Bill Walton: “My very close friend, fellow Bruin and NBA rival Bill Walton died today. And the world feels so much heavier now,” Abdul-Jabbar wrote in a statement he posted Monday on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter. “On the court, Bill...
  6. L

It is a common, good sense solution for eliminating the gap behind the lead group. For example, as a previous poster wrote, when he recognizes he is part of a too-slow group he splits from them. And he is correct to do that. The prevailing strategy should always be to eliminate any full hole gap...
  7. L

I did not miss any "point concerning tee time spacing". Tee times are for starting the round and once that's done each group is responsible for keeping up with the group ahead of them and not allowing an entire hole of separation. For 100 years it's been a viable option for a a slow foursome to...
  8. L

Whelp----I got soft capped 🤷🏼

What does "soft cap" mean?
  9. L

If on the golf course there is a slow group which is a full hole or more behind the preceding group then the best thing to have happen is for the slow group to get back in position directly behind the group in front of them. If they are unwilling to catch up they should step aside and wave thru...
  10. L

If your 1st attempt was unsuccessful I would forget about attempts 2 or 3 and instead just tell the slow player (s) "we're out of position so we'll spilt from you now and if we get back in position later in the round we can join up again". In other words, there is nothing wrong with a slow...
  11. L

If his slow play is causing your group to fall behind the group ahead then tell him "your slow play is causing our group to fall out of position so you need to play at a faster pace".
  12. L

Regulating power for approach shots

Traditional method is either 3/4 or 1/2 length backswings, or chocking down the grip of the club. Consistently achieving distance targets by altering swing tempo-pace is much too difficult and not something I've ever heard of a Tour pro or other accomplished player reliably doing.
  13. L

What has happen to Jordan Speith?

The key to Spieth winning tournaments was always exceptionally good putting.
  14. L

broomstick putter from Makefield Putter Company

At this forum there have been a few posts regarding Makefield and I decided to order one for myself. This company offers custom orders and mine was for their TF mallet model, center shaft orientation, naked top, 452 gram head weight, 47" finished length, WINN brand split grip. The design and...
  15. L

What is the Case for Hybrids vs Long Irons?

#5 is not a long iron. For the #4 spot I've learned that a 22* hybrid may be played from all sorts of less than ideal lies such as sloped, rough, fairway bunker, hardpan etc... Also, it's easier with which which to play a three quarter length swing and, or take some carry distance off the shot...
  16. L

When was your last eagle?

Last month I swung my Srixon 19* #3 hybrid from 245 yards to a middle hole location on the Coyote Creek Valley course par 5 18th hole. The ball carried about 20 yards short of the green and bounced-rolled to about 15 feet behind the hole, and I made the putt. My 22 year old son was there to see...
  17. L

Yes, if he wanted to repent and do penance.
  18. L

Did Scheffler admit he made a mistake?
Back