Search results for query: *

1. TxAggie2018

Outdated Equipment?

Nothing wrong with the 917. It will be miles better than a driver from the Bush administration. I doubt that hitting the 907 would ingrain any bad habits... the technique you'd use to hit a good drive with it is exactly the same as you'd use to hit anything modern. But your good drives with the...
  2. TxAggie2018

Best Clubs for High Handicap Players

In short, you trade some distance to take some slice off your ball. The extra loft helps keep it straighter.
  3. TxAggie2018

Driver Length? Would you consider shorter?

I've been having this driver war in my bag for a while. I have a 45.5" TM M4 set at 9.5*, and a 43.75" TM 300 Mini driver player at 13.5*. I've been hot-handing them. Last Friday, I played Torrey Pines South and hit every tee shot with the M4. The course was wide open, the rough wasn't grown up...
  4. TxAggie2018

What club?

Probably a 9i or a PW.
  5. TxAggie2018

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Ti 340 Mini Driver Spotted

I bag a 300 Mini that's a freaking missile off the deck. I'm playing off 21 and I have no problems launching it off a good lie. It doesn't seem like that should be possible for a head that large, but it is, and and it's awesome. Callaway pushing that head-size envelope to 340cc helps off the...
  6. TxAggie2018

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Ti 340 Mini Driver Spotted

We know this thing is going to rock off the tee, but I wonder how it plays from the fairway.
  7. TxAggie2018

Really Good Range Session Question

I've left unused balls for other people, and I've stolen balls that other people have left out. Part of the game IMO. Take a penny, leave a penny. I'm starting to do that more and more. I've been struggling with a lot of left hip pain in golf, and I'm 99% sure what's aggravating it is hitting...
  8. TxAggie2018

Mandalorian Polo? Star Wars Mandalorian “This is the Way”

I love RSVLTS stuff and golf in four of their short-sleeve shirts. This Godzilla-themed Hawaiian shirt is the latest one.
  9. TxAggie2018

Best Approach Angle

Pic #2 looks way more inviting.
  10. TxAggie2018

Playing from bare lies

Playing it where it lies!
  11. TxAggie2018

Playing from bare lies

How high do you need to lob it? I am pro LW, but 64*s are wild. And it's definitely not a shot I'd be recommending for a beginner. If you are swinging hard, for a short shot, with a bad miss long, on a tough lie, with iffy low point control, you're just setting yourself up for the inevitable.
  12. TxAggie2018

High Handicaps and Birdies: Your Reaction

I'm playing at 21 right now. 0.3 birdies per round sounds about right, and I can remember one round where I made two. Three? Doesn't happen.
  13. TxAggie2018

Tell Me About Your Wrists Before Impact

I'm still working on my release. What feels like a good release to me, "cracking the whip", is a 40 yard left pull into the woods. My passive release is a flip, but it's straight and playable. It's been getting a little more delofted as I spent more time with the Tour Striker.
  14. TxAggie2018

2023 Taylormade P790 8-PW loss of distance

The P790s are cannons. My brother demo'ed the 2023s with a Taylormade tech, ~10 miles from the Carlsbad mothership. He hit a couple shots with the super game-improvement Stealth HDs, then a couple P790s, and saw no difference in distance or forgiveness. The tech told him "that's the secret...
  15. TxAggie2018

driving layup club?

A 5 wood sounds like a good fit. But I can't say no to the TM mini driver.
  16. TxAggie2018

Arccos Golf stats on Scratch vs 20 handicap

Same ol', same ol. This statistical analysis has been done years ago. Driving distance and iron accuracy are king for scoring, putting is basically a crapshoot, and wedges only come into play if you missed the green to begin with.
  17. TxAggie2018

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

Course management splits along skill levels, IMO. The plus and minus scores in golf are unevenly divided. It's easier to shoot really badly on a hole than it is to shoot really well. Triple bogeys have happened to everyone, but you can't score a triple birdie to even things out. Low caps have...
  18. TxAggie2018

Are there any signs?

Is it cheating to count warmup buckets? Some days, I will just hit a dozen balls out of my basket, know I've "got the swing" that day, and leave the rest as freebies for someone else.
  19. TxAggie2018

High swing speed but no spin ball

The Chrome Softs are really low spinners. It might also be worth just grabbing a Noodle or Supersoft out of the woods and trying that for a round. The 2 piece cheapie balls are almost all engineered to be very low-spin, so one of those could give you a quick check if a low-spin ball would...
  20. TxAggie2018

Hit Instict any solutions

Couple other tips I found doing that line-in-the-bunker low point exercise.... Choking down on clubs really helps. I choke down 2 inches if not more on all my clubs. And pre-setting weight on my left foot at setup helps me get back there on the downswing. Try a before-and-after with those on...
Back