Search results for query: *

1. adwillingham

CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Bag Boy Championship

Excellent choice…those were so good last week, think I had four between the dinners
  2. adwillingham

2024 Titleist Vokey SM10 Review

I got some initial thoughts about the 50 degree into the thread on Saturday, but didn't get back for initial 54 and 58 thoughts. I have been playing a 50 - 54 - 58 combo for some time. I have tried a 60 a couple of times, but didn't feel much benefit there (and usually struggles with it...
  3. adwillingham

I've included a couple of pictures below that are just from the rounds/range at Ballyhack. For the larger audience, in a general sense, we were told by Aaron at the event that anytime the finish is different than the underlying metal color, that you will see the wear like this...even more so...
  4. adwillingham

LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

Congratulations Jeff!! Nicely done.
  5. adwillingham

While I haven't been able to get back out to practice more with the new Vokeys since I got back from Ballyhack, I did want to start posting my thoughts from using them there. To reiterate from my fitting, I ended up with a 50.12 F bent one degree strong (so effectively a 49.11)...this was...
  6. adwillingham

With all that background out of the way, let me include some interesting things I heard from both our event and @Canadan 's great conversation with Aaron Dill and Kevin Tassistro on the Off Course podcast (link below) as it relates to the SM10 and Vokey Wedges in general. These won't...
  7. adwillingham

As a quick background, I have been playing Callaway Wedges for about the last 10 years (MD2, then MD3, and most recently MD4). I have a preference for darker wedge finishes, and playing in Bermuda grass I have gravitated toward higher bounce offerings in a 50, 54, and 58 combination. In my...
  8. adwillingham

After the Vokey Experience this weekend at Ballyhack, this is probably the best place for the participants to talk about the wedges from this week and ongoing as we continue to play them. Also, I know there was great information passed in that thread from the week that people may not have seen...
  9. adwillingham

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #16

Back behind the 16th tee
  10. adwillingham

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #18

For a straight par 4, I think 18 is visually pretty awesome. Elevated tee, theoretically a fairway shaped bowl (bounces and high fescue not withstanding), the beautiful tree (unless you are behind it), clubhouse up the right, amphitheater green setting with the cottages on the left, obviously...
  11. adwillingham

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #17

17 is probably the least interesting of the Par 3s, but not bad overall. A slight uphill tee shot over another ravine. Main key is just covering that ravine though as even deep isn't too much trouble compared to anything short (or in the bunkers short). No particular notable features of this...
  12. adwillingham

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #16

I really enjoyed hole 16, and both of our caddies said it was their favorite on the course. It's a big open fairway that you want to stay in at all costs. Right drops into a ditch, but lures you that way as a shorter shot into the green. Left has a few bunkers to catch a righty's pull, but...
  13. adwillingham

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #15

So 15 is definitely an interesting strategy hole, and one it would take me a couple more plays to come up with my best strategy. On day 1, our caddie recommended staying up the left side and hitting driver. However, the problem is that this left fairway (in the kind of V shape off the tee)...
  14. adwillingham

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #14

I just noticed 14 is the number 2 handicap hole, but it lives up to it in my mind. There are similarities between hole 6 and hole 14, but hole 14 is certainly the evil stepsister here. Similar to 6, the caddies say to use the cart path as an aiming point for a shot to the fairway. I want to...
  15. adwillingham

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #13

On to 13...certainly the most downhill of the par 3s, and trouble lurking anywhere that is not on the green. Again, with the tee being up above the green, it is a really picturesque spot, but you must be sure to hit the green. Day one we had a pin position just over the bunkers that front the...
  16. adwillingham

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #12

I'm not sure how I feel about 12. Let me say first that it's a beautiful spot on the 12th tee, up on a hill, looking back up toward the cottages to the right of 12 fairway, 18th hole and the clubhouse running kind of parallel up to your right. So with 12 being a dogleg left where the ball runs...
  17. adwillingham

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #5

Here's that approach up #5...the bunkering just gives it some great definition in my eyes.
  18. adwillingham

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #11

Hole 11 is an interesting visual off the tee where you are hitting across a very deep ravine to a right to left sloping uphill and wide fairway. From the black tees, both from the angle and the distance with that bunker protecting the entry to the green, I just don't see this being a very wise...
  19. adwillingham

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #1

Second thing is a bit more of an aside...but if anyone plays PGA2K23 on Xbox or Playstation, there is a user created course you can play by searching Ballyhack (L) that is pretty darn good to show you the elevations and general green slopes. I played that a few times before I got there and...
  20. adwillingham

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #1

Two quick things that are not hole specific, but I assume that most people would start with the Hole #1 thread. Not sure when this color change happened compared to other documentation, but as far as tee boxes/colors...Red tees were the tips, Black tees were next, then White tees. For the Vokey...
Back