CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Bag Boy Championship

I feel like it would have been frowned upon to set up my phone in the cup routine. I had to come up with a different fun and fancy picture taking theme. Trust me though, for some of the super long putts we drained I would have loved to have done it. With all of the slope though, you wouldn't have the ball in frame for some of the photo's until half way through the putt.
Dude you did an amazing job with pictures and content. Seriously, you killed it.

Sometimes amazing cinematographers want to try new things. I get it! 😜

Going miss those bunkers! Was one of the few things I did well this week.
You were crushing the driver - I’m surprised the face is not caved in!

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
Drive of the weekend for me, then pure my approach, but with the wrong club and fly the green. Then I get up and down with @ttucliffhanger wedge.
If only you had the right wedge from the get go

Can't believe there was no mention of me falling down the ravine here.
I believe there was at some point.

Questions for all the participants when you get a chance to answer. Which hole was your favorite? Which was your least favorite? Which did you play the best?
I played 13 the best saved par both days, day one with a really good bunker shot, day 2 over the bunker and it rolled over the hole.

Favorite is probably 8, was so much fun successfully cutting the corner day 2.

Will make my way through the thread fully sometime over the next week so not sure if it was mentioned, but we kept on bringing up how they need to at least make pink pockets as an option. I think we might have worn @Bag Boy down to the point where Craig and Perry said they would look into it and see how quickly they could ramp up production. Maybe even do a pre order. We told them THPers alone would probably buy them all.

Aqua Men: We played a total of two rounds with them, a pre-event round and the final send off round. If you're reading this and you didn't follow along with the thread, I'm hoping that there are random pictures of their tee's throughout all of the posts. They were everywhere, to say they left a mark at Ballyhack is an understatement. They had tee's in place that tee's didn't belong, can't question it - it just is what it is. Two guys with a shoe game almost as strong at Touring Purple these two were present all the time. From asking questions to being part of every activity that happened; so much fun to be around. I got to experience their golf first hand and it was impressive. @ttucliffhanger is a beast with the driver going for green's was never out of the question for him. @Nashtyone brought a lot of great perspective and industry conversation during our talks with Bag Boy, being able to listen to the back and forth was very enlightening.

View attachment 9265319
View attachment 9265320View attachment 9265321
View attachment 9265322View attachment 9265324

Smoked Charcuterie: Cabin 14 mates, the driver of the Man Van and guys that can play some golf. @LSMO is a guy who can just straight up play some golf. During the rain out, outside of the front of the cabin just telling stories and enjoying the environment. He's played with or around so many good people, so many great golf stories were shared during that rain storm. One heck of a nice guy with one heck of a swing. He was putting in some work and trying to shock the world with what might have been the upset of a lifetime. Absolutely had THP worried about their coins for a bit there. @kiwichris is also a hoot, another person you wanted to hang out with during or after a round, the night putting with him was hilarious. I've also never seen one person burn so many edges while putting, it's his superpower; but when that gets straightened out it's going to be a dangerous game to contend with.

View attachment 9265331View attachment 9265332
View attachment 9265333

Touring Purple: Everyone says it, and it's true for everyone but @Bus was the best cartner one could ask for. We joked a lot on the second day that he only had two jobs, to drive and to drive. We played his ball probably 90% of our tee shots and he was solid the entire time, I couldn't have asked to be put in a better position time after time while trying to get through the hardest course either of us have ever played. He was always talking about ways we can make this experience the follow of a lifetime. We're talking the custom shoes, surprise swag, THP Bingo Bus brought it all. Anytime I needed a hand up, whether it was busy at work before the event or a rough hole he was always there with a helping hand.

View attachment 9265336View attachment 9265339
View attachment 9265340View attachment 9265342View attachment 9265343
View attachment 9265344
Was a blast playing with you all week, partner!

Awesome recaps @Daluteh and @ttucliffhanger . It was a pleasure playing and hanging with you guys, I'm glad I could at least provide some comic relief. Your recaps are going to be a tough act to follow 👊

Back