CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Bag Boy Championship

I suck just as bad on a par 3 as I do on a 4 or 5. 🤷‍♂️
Thats It Martin Short GIF by PBS SoCal

Now on to the recap:

Friday Night: got in early and met up with @xThor at my hotel down at the restaurant/bar and he got some food as I had already ate while we watched the live odds preview show. Then we went over to pick up @Muchmore from the airport and took him to the Waffle House for the first time. This was quite interesting to watch, haha.
Saturday: Both rounds were fantastic!

Saturday: Started Saturday with Chick-Fil-A for breakfast. First pre-round was with @Muchmore and @xThor at the Pete Dye River Course at Virginia Tech. Love, love, loved the layout of this course. Started rough with triple, triple, after hitting driver OB on first hole and then topping it on the second hole, but after that was where I came alive and driver was on point. Hit Hole 3, par 5 in two and made birdie (1 of 3 for the day). Hole 4 was where we were jamming out to Sickkick and I remember the song red light/green light being on, but according to @Muchmore the song said green light and the base dropped right as I smashed driver, haha. He said it's one of the coolest things he had seen, but he didn't get video of it and I had no clue as I wasn't paying attention to the music lol. Other memorable shot on the back 9, was a wedge from about 85 out to about a foot and a half to take birdie. It downpour on us for a hole and a half on the front, almost to the point where we were ready to call it a day. We then went to Dick's Sporting Goods, where the Anime Gods contemplated new grips and rain gloves. After that we went back to our rooms, chilled and then went to grab food down at the 202 Social where everyone came in with the exception of a couple that were having flight issues or weren't traveling till Sunday. I had the best egg rolls and grilled cheese of my life! Also, @Daluteh got the Country Boy Cougar Bait for a drink (still think we need a forum name change out of this, haha) and we all kind of caught up and met for the first time. It was like we had known each other for years. Great conversations had that night. @Nashtyone got in about 12:45am, got him from the airport and we went back to the room where we got a few hours of sleep before getting up for day 2 of the pre-event rounds.

Sunday: We proceeded to have the most uneventful $10 hotel breakfast, lol. Got to our round at the Ashley Plantation (thank you to @lambeau for setting this up). Everyone laughed at me while we were paying because I had to stand on my tippy toes to use my CC to pay due to how high they had the counter/machine. Hit the range and then to the first tee we went. @Nashtyone and I were paired with Touring Purple ( @Daluteh and @Bus ) that day. Smashed driver on #1 and hit driver well all day. Played descent that day and I remember at the end, @Nashtyone and I looked at each other where we were calculating birdies for contest 1 that we had on the forum and then just laughed because we had zero net birdies haha and were like, um no-one picked that and had a good laugh about it, but @Scooby45 was the closest at picking 2 I believe. Had a lot of great conversations with Touring Purple about golf and just life in general. I do remember making a 50 footer to save par that day, but don't remember what hole that was on. We then went back to 202 Social were @LSMO met up with us and we had some drinks and appetizers to kill time before able to get to property. We arrived on property and were greeted by @Muchmore @xThor and @JB . Got the tour, then hit the pro shop for my first haul. We got checked into the cottages and eventually got cleaned up for dinner. Dinner was a blast. We were in the owners cottage that night and we walked in to meet the @Bag Boy marketing and media crew along with Craig and Perry. They all introduced themselves and Perry went through the pushcarts they had for sale along with the new one coming out soon. After that, there was Q&A, where the entire crew noted everything we said and ingested it all. Such an amazing group of peeps! Then came the food and drinks. Basically bar food along with Margarita testing. The cornbread jalapeno poppers were the star of the show personally. So fricking good! The strawberry margaritas were so good. Well, we received swag from @Bag Boy during this (shoe bag, towel, cleaning brush), oh and this is where we got iced. I remember Addy saying, before you all open there is a surprise, and IYKYK. As soon as I opened the shoe bag I saw the Smirnoff Ice and just chuckled inside and said, no way, and then I look over and see @Muchmore and @Nashtyone on one knee and said to myself, yep we are really doing this, so I joined in on the high school flashback. Thank you Addy for that. haha. After that we all went out for some night putting where an Apex UW was given away and an attempt at giving away some pro shop giftcards (Craig and Perry won their own contest haha). Had a blast during this where the whole @Bag Boy crew and participants hung out, exchanged good convo and attempted to make some putts.

More incoming...

Foursomes Day 1 – Shamble Best Ball
Dynamic Duo (Par) & Aqua Men (-5) :
I absolutely killed driver this day. @Nashtyone and I ham and egg'd it pretty well I think. I was super happy with our -5 finish! I had so much fun with each person in this group. I think I was just happy that I hit a good tee shot on #1 with the Bag Boy media and all the teams watching. Had a few memorable shots during this round, but I remember this round pretty well. Driver was on fire this day. Hole 1, smashed a 5w and had a wedge in for us. Hole 2, bombed driver to just left of the larger left fairway bunker and then hit into the last fairway bunker, skulled it over the green and then chipped up. Hole 3, par 3 (pin placement in the bowl), hit 9i in and landed on back of the bowl backstop and it rolled back towards the pin. I remember topping the hill and we didn't see my ball, and we both were like no fricking way, but there it was. Still a descent shot. Hole 4, smashed 3w down to end of fairway (can't remember what happened on shot in, but think I made the green in regulation on this hole. Hole 5, bombed driver, hit AW in to about 10-12 ft. Hole 6, which was probably my best drive of the day. I don't know that I could have placed it any better than that. @Nashtyone hit driver to middle of the fairway splitting the two fwy bunkers and I pulled driver and landed about 15 yards short of the green in the collar. Hole 7, the pin placement was on the left tucked behind the front bunker, we had wind in our face and I hit 4i to about 20ish feet past the hole right over the pin. Hole 8, I hit an amazing drive right over and around the huge tree in the fwy (this is probably my favorite hole on the course), and left us a wedge in. Hole 9, I think we both hit descent drives here, but we took yours due to placement. Hole 10, hit a great drive up the fwy. Don't remember rest of hole haha. Hole 11, pulled 3w and we both hit good tee shots here. Hole 12, bombed driver up the left and we thought I lost my ball but found it down in the gully. Probably one of my longer drives of the day. Before hitting hole 13, we stopped by the cottage to grab a snack, drink and water. Hole 13, hit the green here and 2 putted for par IIRC. Hole 14, pulled 5w and smashed it to middle of the fwy here, but don't remember what happened on the approach. Hole 15, took 5 iron off the tee and landed it perfect on the right fwy and had 240 to pin and pulled 5w and smashed it to pin high (still 3-putted but dang it I made it in 2 haha). Hole 16, we both hit drives to the right and had to hit our approaches out of the crap. I hit a crappy second shot, but we salvaged a net par here. Hole 17, I think I hit a not so good shot here, but you hit a good shot and got us in play. Hole 18, I hit a mediocre drive to the right side of the fwy and we had the tree blocking us and I remember pulling 5w, choking down and was going to attempt to bend it around the tree and proceeded to top the ball, lol. You and I both hit the ball well that day and had the time of our lives. We ordered lunch and I hit the pro shop for haul #2 while waiting on lunch. Ordered a pain killer and hit the range to keep warm before the afternoon round.

Foursomes Day 1 – 2nd Round – Alternate Shot
Aqua Men and Matcha Latte - Started out rough on 10 and both @Nashtyone and I botched this hole, but I do remember posting @t-dray hitting Matcha Latte's second shot from the rough 4 feet in front of the tee box and like 10 people quoted asking what was going on (more to come on this) but on 11 I remember our approach shot that we thought was right but got a good bounce to about 10' from the hole right before they called us in.

Although cancelled and was bummed, but opened up some more time for pro shop haul #3 and time to chill and get to know everyone during some sim golf 9i challenge and homerun derby with a kids bat in the owners cottage. First swing I knocked the top of the tee apart from the base haha. We had a few drinks, had a lot of laughs, signed each other's flags and chilled till it was time to go to dinner. Dinner this night was just out of this world! The brussel sprouts were the star of the show that night for me. It was all good but dang the sprouts were OTT! We had some good history lessons from Craig about Bag Boy and Dynamic Brands and then proceeded to night putting where we attempted again to make putts. The kicker was that it was so foggy you could barely see the holes. Played some Stymie, which was an absolute blast. @wazzubrew won a Sun Day Red golf glove for a right handed golfer and @kiwichris and @lambeau won the pro shop gift cards from Craig and Perry. We stayed out pretty late this night and after the putting went back to the cottages to catch some shut eye.

More incoming...

Foursomes Day 2 – Shamble Combined
Touring Purple & Aqua Men
: Paired with Mike for our caddy that day (HE IS AWESOME BTW!) Hole 1, hit a great 5w again, and don't remember much about the approach shot other than I hit the green. Hole 2, hit a bad drive, but @Nashtyone hit one of the best drives of the weekend to the fairway just left of the top left fwy bunker and don't remember our shots in from this point, lol. I had 277 to center green and pulled 3w and piped it just short of the green in the collar. I remember @Muchmore and @lambeau throwing their hands up like what the heck (later on we had a convo about how far I was out and that's probably one of the longest 3 woods of my life as I hit it about 260 lol) Hole 3, @Nashtyone and I both ended up in the bowl, as I clubbed up to an 8, but hit it fat. Hole 4, hit a long 3w, but it was right, and @Nashtyone hit a good drive so we took his drive. Don't remember approach. Hole 5, hit my drive long and a little right, but we took it and then hit a wedge in. Hole 6, @Nashtyone bailed us out here as I hit a bad drive. Hole 7, I hit 5i off tee and didn't hit it well. Don't remember how we did overall here this day. Hole 8, I hit another drive to the right side over the corner and was in the rough, and ended up short on my first approach shot. I then proceeded to chip up about 30 foot past the hole and drained the putter to save par. Hole 9, hit a bad drive but @Nashtyone bailed us out, we both hit our second shots, I hit 5w and landed in the front left greenside bunker and it was the worst lie ever. It was in the top corner and was a scrambled egg, not to mention I would not stand in the bunker to get it out. I proceeded to pretty much do the splits, missed the first swing but got it out on the second (@Nashtyone posted the lie and video earlier in the thread). We went on to 10, where @Nashtyone bailed us out with his drive. Driver was not working at all for me this day. I do remember on my second shot I ended up in the last set of fairway bunkers on the left side in the leaves/bunker that was on the lip. All I could do was punch out, but this was 2 of 3 absolute crap situations/lies for the day. Hole 11, we both hit good drives, but don't remember our approach shots. Hole 12, I actually hit a good drive here IIRC, cant remember the approach. Hole 13, I was to the left here IIRC, but can't recall. Hole 14, I hit in the rough just shy of the fwy but barely cleared the ravine. I then proceeded to pull AW and almost broke my wrist from hitting it fat as I got caught in the rough. Hole 15, hit a horrible drive, but @Nashtyone ended up on the left side of the split. I then pulled 3w and pushed it to the right up to the stones short of the green and I couldn't have had a worse ball position. I had a shot that I could have flopped over the rocks, but I was afraid and very likely to break my club, so Mike, our caddy said, if I were you I would take an uplayable, so that's what I did. I then hit a 3/4 AW to just past the flag. Hole 16, @Nashtyone and I both ended up right again and then I hit my second up and had a crap lie in the rough on the hill of the grrenside/fwy bunkers on the left. I hit the flop shot of my life just past the hole and it rolled down to the back. Hole 17, I topped my tee shot, but @Nashtyone hit a descent shot and was hole high and I proceeded to try a flop shot and went right under the ball and it only went about 5 feet. Hole 18, we ended up in the same spot here but just a little to the left and ended up a little short on my approach shot. Here is where we saw @JB left us a pink ball (he was the first group, which means every group after him also left it, haha) because our pink tees were all over the course. @Daluteh took some amazing photos of us that day and @Bus played a heck of a round. We had lots of good convo and so many laughs and memories were made that day. After, we went in to get lunch and I almost made another pro shop stop. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We then decided to go back out for a few more holes where we played with @kiwichris and @wazzubrew . Once we finished that, we showered and I met up with @shanewu to say hello to my Grandaddy brother from another mother and get a pic. After that @Nashtyone and I checked in to our hotel, wear later on we met @Muchmore and @xThor for dinner at a gastropub where we had "much more" conversations which were such a JOY for some reason. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: And that pretty much was the end of the experience, but not the end of the gratitude and memories made from this experience. @Daluteh thank you again for all the pics of me in action! You don't know how much I appreciate it! And congrats to @pumbaa for winning our second of the two contests!

JB, Morgan, Craig, Perry and your crew, you all don't know how grateful and blessed I feel for this experience and opportunity to be a part of it. This group was truly special and I had the time of my life. Thank you all so much! And to Matt (@Nashtyone) thank you for everything and proud to call you my friend and look forward to the next time we get to tee it up together!

Love the recap, thanks! Yeah, sorry about texting you at 11 or whatever it was hopefully I didn't wake you up. =)
It actually did because I had my phone sound on due to the bad storms rolling through the area and being under a tornado watch, but it's all good. It literally took seconds for me to fall back asleep haha.

Foursomes Day 2 – Shamble Combined
Touring Purple & Aqua Men
: Paired with Mike for our caddy that day (HE IS AWESOME BTW!) Hole 1, hit a great 5w again, and don't remember much about the approach shot other than I hit the green. Hole 2, hit a bad drive, but @Nashtyone hit one of the best drives of the weekend to the fairway just left of the top left fwy bunker and don't remember our shots in from this point, lol. I had 277 to center green and pulled 3w and piped it just short of the green in the collar. I remember @Muchmore and @lambeau throwing their hands up like what the heck (later on we had a convo about how far I was out and that's probably one of the longest 3 woods of my life as I hit it about 260 lol) Hole 3, @Nashtyone and I both ended up in the bowl, as I clubbed up to an 8, but hit it fat. Hole 4, hit a long 3w, but it was right, and @Nashtyone hit a good drive so we took his drive. Don't remember approach. Hole 5, hit my drive long and a little right, but we took it and then hit a wedge in. Hole 6, @Nashtyone bailed us out here as I hit a bad drive. Hole 7, I hit 5i off tee and didn't hit it well. Don't remember how we did overall here this day. Hole 8, I hit another drive to the right side over the corner and was in the rough, and ended up short on my first approach shot. I then proceeded to chip up about 30 foot past the hole and drained the putter to save par. Hole 9, hit a bad drive but @Nashtyone bailed us out, we both hit our second shots, I hit 5w and landed in the front left greenside bunker and it was the worst lie ever. It was in the top corner and was a scrambled egg, not to mention I would not stand in the bunker to get it out. I proceeded to pretty much do the splits, missed the first swing but got it out on the second (@Nashtyone posted the lie and video earlier in the thread). We went on to 10, where @Nashtyone bailed us out with his drive. Driver was not working at all for me this day. I do remember on my second shot I ended up in the last set of fairway bunkers on the left side in the leaves/bunker that was on the lip. All I could do was punch out, but this was 2 of 3 absolute crap situations/lies for the day. Hole 11, we both hit good drives, but don't remember our approach shots. Hole 12, I actually hit a good drive here IIRC, cant remember the approach. Hole 13, I was to the left here IIRC, but can't recall. Hole 14, I hit in the rough just shy of the fwy but barely cleared the ravine. I then proceeded to pull AW and almost broke my wrist from hitting it fat as I got caught in the rough. Hole 15, hit a horrible drive, but @Nashtyone ended up on the left side of the split. I then pulled 3w and pushed it to the right up to the stones short of the green and I couldn't have had a worse ball position. I had a shot that I could have flopped over the rocks, but I was afraid and very likely to break my club, so Mike, our caddy said, if I were you I would take an uplayable, so that's what I did. I then hit a 3/4 AW to just past the flag. Hole 16, @Nashtyone and I both ended up right again and then I hit my second up and had a crap lie in the rough on the hill of the grrenside/fwy bunkers on the left. I hit the flop shot of my life just past the hole and it rolled down to the back. Hole 17, I topped my tee shot, but @Nashtyone hit a descent shot and was hole high and I proceeded to try a flop shot and went right under the ball and it only went about 5 feet. Hole 18, we ended up in the same spot here but just a little to the left and ended up a little short on my approach shot. Here is where we saw @JB left us a pink ball (he was the first group, which means every group after him also left it, haha) because our pink tees were all over the course. @Daluteh took some amazing photos of us that day and @Bus played a heck of a round. We had lots of good convo and so many laughs and memories were made that day. After, we went in to get lunch and I almost made another pro shop stop. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We then decided to go back out for a few more holes where we played with @kiwichris and @wazzubrew . Once we finished that, we showered and I met up with @shanewu to say hello to my Grandaddy brother from another mother and get a pic. After that @Nashtyone and I checked in to our hotel, wear later on we met @Muchmore and @xThor for dinner at a gastropub where we had "much more" conversations which were such a JOY for some reason. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: And that pretty much was the end of the experience, but not the end of the gratitude and memories made from this experience. @Daluteh thank you again for all the pics of me in action! You don't know how much I appreciate it!

JB, Morgan, Craig, Perry and your crew, you all don't know how grateful and blessed I feel for this experience and opportunity to be a part of it. This group was truly special and I had the time of my life. Thank you all so much! And to Matt (@Nashtyone) thank you for everything and proud to call you my friend and look forward to the next time we get to tee it up together!
I got to talking cigars with Mike and he was telling me about a Partagas Lusitania he'd smoked and how it was the best cigar he's ever smoked. Was really happy I had one in my OtterBox I could give him at the end of the round. He was great.

Last edited:
I got to talking cigars with Mike and he was telling me about a Partagas Lusitania he'd smoked and how it was the best cigar he's ever smoked. Was really happy I had one in my OtterBox I could find him at the end of the round. He was great.
Mike was the man. I loved having him as a caddy. After watching the Vokey Experience, I was hoping we would get him as a caddy one of the days.

I got to talking cigars with Mike and he was telling me about a Partagas Lusitania he'd smoked and how it was the best cigar he's ever smoked. Was really happy I had one in my OtterBox I could find him at the end of the round. He was great.
Mike was all over the place, grabbing clubs, cleaning, giving lines, he was absolutely everywhere all of the time.

Mike was all over the place, grabbing clubs, cleaning, giving lines, he was absolutely everywhere all of the time.
He kept making me think I left clubs on the green. Was not used to having a caddy pick up my clubs lol. I was like oh crap I forgot...and then Mike popped up out of thin air and was like, oh this one? lol

It's still amazing to me that I remembered as many shots as I did, especially on day 1. I watched the youtube video of course layout and was like yep, went here, hit this...I'm even surprising myself lol. Putter was ice cold though. I've already pulled it from the bag until I can get an all in shaft in it.

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
We just got through our camera roll and wanted to share this photo album from the event. There are plenty of great pictures from both on and off the course that I think you guys would love to see—including a couple fun shots of some of you getting iced!

Also, as another thank you, we wanted to extend a coupon code to anyone who followed along in the forum these past couple days. If you've been inspired to check out our website and have been eyeing something special, use code BALLYHACK24 for 20% off of anything excluding the Volt.

Thanks again for making this event so special!
Thank you for sharing! Awesome pics. You all are a top shelf team. Thank you for an amazing experience! Really great talking with Addy about experiential marketing- you all know how to do it right!

That was the winning UW putt distance. The rest of us tried and none of us made one further than that. Congrats again @t-dray !

Apparently last year they started out very short - some reason we ran it out at like 8 feet and then all just yanked our putts.
I hit a pitch mark.

all these lip outs and misses..

Ballyhack sinking the teeth in EARLY.
Ballyhack putting is no joke. Even if you're thinking a lot of the fairly straight lines on 18 - there's a lot of subtle movement. I'm sure that we posted this (I'm unsure how much I was posting, as I was doing some of the drinking as well) but we had a number of 3+ putts from 8 feet in. I do think that the extra liquid strength made our distance control extra bad, if we're here making excuses.

Ballyhack putting is no joke. Even if you're thinking a lot of the fairly straight lines on 18 - there's a lot of subtle movement. I'm sure that we posted this (I'm unsure how much I was posting, as I was doing some of the drinking as well) but we had a number of 3+ putts from 8 feet in. I do think that the extra liquid strength made our distance control extra bad, if we're here making excuses.
Will be sad going back to Montana greens that are currently covered in snow from the perfection of these.

All of the post round post are so awesome to read through, thanks for all the wrap ups

Back