Small detail / big impact..?

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
Sometimes the smallest changes can have huge effects on a golf swing or a putting style. Coming across what small detail ended up having a good, positive effect for you..???

The longer tee , as opposed to the stock standard white 2&1/8” tee .

Elevating it more so centreline of ball is closer toward , sweet spot , and lends itself towards + AoA ….

Simple but ,certainly not requiring refining or , repeated training … or the outlay of great expense …..

I just purchased some smaller 2 3/4 tees so I’m interested in seeing the difference.

Sometimes the smallest changes can have huge effects on a golf swing or a putting style. Coming across what small detail ended up having a good, positive effect for you..???
For putting, it was a slightly wider stance and about 10% more weight on my leading (left) foot. For my irons, it was moving the ball about 1/2" closer and 1/2" back in my stance.

Earlier lead side pressure and understanding what proper pressure feels like

It

1. Eliminated downswing lateral shift
2. Allowed me to address ball position to be more neutral
3. Made me have to learn to be less steep

It lead to equaling my career low and then breaking my career low in a 2 month span.

Another small detail that's big for me is to feel like I cannot set my wrists early enough in the takeaway.

Back