Adjustable Weights in Irons

Adjustable weight irons

• Didn't realize

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Like/have it but haven't needed it (as far as I know*)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Love it/have used

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Don't need

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Should be the standard

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
I meant more for building. I mean, do people realize how common it is for someone to go to a different weight grip at some point? Being able to get heavier head weights for that very simple change without pulling apart everything is nice.
Lead tape is your friend..

It works - we have 3 threads full of feedback on how well :edelgolf:. I hope more companies offer it in the future, but I'm not opposed to a slab of sexy lead tape either 🤷‍♂️
Listen to this man.. he is smarter than he looks. 😂

I have them. No interest in changing them myself, but for my fitting experience, they were fantastic. The weight changes made significant changes to the ball flight.

I specifically left 'poison death tape is the best' off the poll. 😆
Not at all sexy but after decades you do get better at ”blending” it. :ROFLMAO:

Orangutan arms will force familiarity with poison tape.

IMG_0631.jpegIMG_0630.jpeg

I've never had a set that had them, or at least readily available. Based on how much wood, hybrid, and putter weights cost these days, I'm not sure it would be worth it for a lot of builds. I have had trouble getting enough weight into One Length heads I want to play at 8i length with 85-110 gram graphite shafts. I do think it would cool if more sets had the SMS type of weighting, and I'd be curious to see a set where you could move the weight vertically in addition to horizontally.

Most Tour pros apply lead tape to their irons and wedges. I am not sure why so many amateur players on internet discussion forums are reluctant to use lead tape.

None of the choices really fit me. I am aware of the technology, but have never played a set of irons that has it.

Last edited:
Your body can metabolize lead, it can’t metabolize mercury. I used to work at a place where dudes would eat the lead dust to be kept off the production floor 🤣😂
Yikes. It takes the body 20 years to dispose of half of its lead load, if no more is ingested. But if one is willing to eat lead dust to avoid work, I doubt the lead could possibly make them any stupider.

I meant more for building. I mean, do people realize how common it is for someone to go to a different weight grip at some point? Being able to get heavier head weights for that very simple change without pulling apart everything is nice.
Lead tape. Not a club in my bag without it except putter.

Yikes. It takes the body 20 years to dispose of half of its lead load, if no more is ingested. But if one is willing to eat lead dust to avoid work, I doubt the lead could possibly make them any stupider.
Eah it was much quicker than that. Usually 3 months was what it took to get them back down to acceptable levels. To fully flush the body perhaps much longer. Getting monthly blood draws was the absolute worst though

I'm middle too, but with these shafts I might go to something like heavy on the ends. Would be interesting to see how it would come out best with those.
Some of the guys who went last year, spent a lot of time tinkering with the weight set up and even purchased additional weights, which was cool to follow along with.

My clubs outside of hitting a few balls before my round have never had a practice session so the middle is where they stay

Some of the guys who went last year, spent a lot of time tinkering with the weight set up and even purchased additional weights, which was cool to follow along with.

My clubs outside of hitting a few balls before my round have never had a practice session so the middle is where they stay
Access from the outside, not having to pull heads and put all the weight in the tip, different weights available, and moveable to dial in where exactly fits best..

It's almost like Edel knows what they're doing. 😉

Access from the outside, not having to pull heads and put all the weight in the tip, different weights available, and moveable to dial in where exactly fits best..

Agreed, but the craziest part for me was how much the shafts made a difference when doing my fitting for these because we left in the middle the entire time

I had some Maltby KE4 Tour + irons with adjustable weights. Nice for tweaking swing weight, especially when changing to a heavier/lighter grip.

Having the ability to change easily make so much sense. You can really dial in what you want with all of the options. I hope we some more irons with this option in the future.

Back