Red Lobster Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Thrillbilly Jim

DillyWood Express #2
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I get my Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Kroger.

Dang. We just lost Applebees too. All the OG guard falling.

My question is how did it take this long? It's just as expensive as any seafood restaurant but serves sh***y seafood.

The cheddar bay biscuits have gone down hill drastically

There is one here I havnt been to in years because it is too expensive for crap food.

Last edited:
There was a story about how the endless shrimp has been so bad for them, but more on not being able to turn tables over and people staying far longer than they should.

Ate at Red Lobster first the day I got married. Only the best for the missus. In my defense, it was the classiest place I could afford and still have money for 2 bottles of absolut for the honeymoon. Not to mention it was fast enough as we had other things on the agenda. Haven't been back since. That was 97. On the Gulf Coast, eating at RL is a cardinal sin. Might as well fart in church during the sermon.

We have a few by us that are never busy

Good riddance!

Good...trashhhhh

That article says they’re considering filing. And it states they have 650 sites. Regardless, I wouldn’t miss them.

Didn’t even know these were still around. Not sure I’ve been to one in 15 years 🤣 won’t be missed

This is all anyone needs to know.

Ingredients​

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ⅔ cup milk
  • ⅓ cup butter, softened and cut into pieces
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 teaspoons dried parsley (Optional)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder (Optional)

Directions​

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Stir flour, Cheddar cheese, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder together in a bowl.
  3. Stir milk, softened butter pieces, and egg together in a separate bowl. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined and chunky, being very careful not to overmix.
  4. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
  6. Meanwhile, stir melted butter, parsley, and garlic powder together in a small bowl. Remove biscuits from the oven and brush melted butter mixture over top.
  7. Return to the oven and bake until golden brown, about 5 more minutes. Serve warm.

To all of you who snuck in containers and ordered the Endless Shrimp, I hope you’re happy.

Fix It Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Wife is allergic to seafood so I rarely eat there. It’s never been any good in my opinion.

Garbage food, haven't been there in years and won't miss it one bit.

Surprising to me as someone who doesn’t have a Red Lobster within 1500 miles. I just always hear about them, and thought they were doing well.

I’ve only had food at a RL two times. It was a novelty, but not the best grub.

Haven’t been to one since they had all you can eat crab legs back in the 90’s. There is one in town though. I will watch to see if it closes.

So interesting how so many are excited about a failing business. I'm not a Red Lobster fan, but that's people's jobs...just feels like an odd take to say "GOOD!"

Being a Long Islander and a fisherman to boot it's considered a sin against God to go to a Red Lobster.
My wife is italian so I have never been to a Olive Garden either. Disgrazia!!

Restaurants are a trendy, kinda funny business. Can’t imagine the margins with the way costs have increased.

Then there’s places like Canes. Chicken tenders, fries, and bread. Talk about a shithole. But line is out the door.

Back