Very fun malted whiskey from a brewery!

1000004210.jpg

Found the Doc another Woodford 121.2, it sure as **** isn’t cheap, but, she loves it, so got her one to put away until we kill the current one.

Found the Doc another Woodford 121.2, it sure as **** isn’t cheap, but, she loves it, so got her one to put away until we kill the current one.
I’ll be heading to Woodford Distillery in the next month…I’ll check it out for you.

That’ll be fun!
I try to hit up a different distillery each time I’m there. Helps pass the time and curb my need for more bourbon.

Will never be opened but to good not to share.

IMG_2969.jpeg

Blanton's
Eagle Rare
Whistle Pig 12 year
Templeton rye 15 year
Bookers
Bakers
Rabbit Hole rye
just to name a few.

Today's pick ups

1000008933.jpg

Last edited:
I like Buffalo Trace. I like Chris Stapleton. I was disappointed by this whiskey.
Kinda where I set my expectations.

There was an Elmer t Lee that I couldn't pull the trigger on so I took a flyer on this instead. :LOL:

Here’s the bourbon collection….and the 4 I just added. About to put together a shelf for the wife so what should I sip on while doing it? And in the rocks or old fashioned?
IMG_3055.jpegIMG_3057.jpegIMG_3058.jpeg

I’m way late to this thread but I’ll throw in my two cents. Cut my teeth on bourbon in my mid 20’s with my former father in law. He and his buddies drank bourbon manhattans at deer camp and I joined the tradition when I married his daughter. The bourbon was run of the mill Jim Beam mostly. They had a saying that the drinks were like breasts, one’s not enough, two’s just right and three is too many. I lost my taste for the sweet vermouth and cherry after a short time but it started a lifelong romance with the brown juice. I was in the Army and one day in my mid 30’s I stopped at the post exchange on my way home to stock up. I was standing in front of the liquor selections with a handle of Beam in my hand when our Division Command Sergeant Major came around the corner. He looked surprised and asked me how I preferred it and told him on the rocks. He reached out and grabbed a quart bottle of the Military Special branded bourbon and said it was on him and to take it home and do a blind taste test and report the results to him the next day. So I did just that and honestly could not taste the difference. I drank the “mil-spec” stuff until I retired and moved away from a post where I could get it. Back to Jim Beam I went with the occasional treat of a premium brand, but old faithful Jim is my go to!

Back