High swing speed but no spin ball

LongNWrong

Reaction score
Hello!!! Late 40s, still pretty long but my 16.6 handicap is about 4-6 penalty strokes a round. Drives over 26o and 8 iron carry around 175 (Modern jacked loft clubs). I would love a urathane ball that can handle a high swing speed but can scrub off the spin on drives to maybe keep an extra balll or 2 in play and bring the handicap below 15. Been using Vice Tour which is fine. Help with something else. And willing to drop some distance to tighter dispersion. HELP

Welcome. Ball fitting (y)

Welcome. Ball fitting (y)
True. But I typically get someone who will try to maximize the distance witht the 105-110 swing speed and a "clean up your swing". Just want a ball that is hard to work left or right off the tee to avoid "re-tee for 3"

I have a similar issue and was recommended the Wilson Staff Tour X..it is supposed to be low spin off the tee and high spin around the green. I have only got one round is with them and between that and a lesson, I am getting far more balls in play, though it's really hard to say whether it's the lesson and practivce or the ball...I am chhosing to believe that it's a bit of both.

Callaway Chrome Tour or the ‘22 Chromesoft X LS.

Give the Chrome Tour a try. Better feel than the LS, but both will give less spin off the tee and favorable launch.

The Chrome Softs are really low spinners.

It might also be worth just grabbing a Noodle or Supersoft out of the woods and trying that for a round. The 2 piece cheapie balls are almost all engineered to be very low-spin, so one of those could give you a quick check if a low-spin ball would really straighten your drives out.

Chrome Tour. Works well for me and the distances aren’t anything I’m unfamiliar with. Plus it works well greenside

Left Dash ProV1x

I was in a similar situation and went with the AVX, which has resulted in fewer wayward drives for me. Not sure if it was just the ball or working on swing, but worth a try.

Chrome Tours and ProV1s have been good for me as far as driver distance and keeping the ball in play

THanks All. Will give the chrome line up a try; as a 16 not sure I am gonna drop the money for the titelist AVX or left dash just yet. WIll compare with the VIce Tour and Vice Pro Air. The Tour has been pretty good and is also really cheap; syrlin but enough spin around the greens for what I an willing to try. Thanks. Now...a huge 9W to replace my 5i and 6i!!!!

If you’re looking for a lower cost ball that performs, check out the Maxfli Tour S or Maxfli Tour. 4 dozen for $120. And they do perform.

Back