Honma D1 Golf Ball Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Honma Golf is a brand that might seem mysterious in the North American golf market. Although their TW series has consistently garnered praise and performed well, their Beres series can be perceived as expensive and sometimes miss the mark with their artistic designs. Regardless of personal preferences, it's clear that Honma takes great pride in their products' designs and craftsmanship. As someone who has tested many Honma clubs over the years, the only equipment I have yet to experience is a Honma golf ball, which changed recently when a box of D1 golf balls arrived for review.

See full article...

I found a great deal of Honma golf balls towards the end of last season due to an influx of workers from Japan at our local Toyota plant. I can’t speak for this ball obviously but whatever model it was I got to demo had a pretty durable cover.

I'm intrigued with this one and how it compares to others in the space. The data showing some good initial launch and lower spin off the tee.

I may be in for the pink/purple just for the color.

Launch angle machines. Wow. Decent speed for you too.

Nice. Looked at Ebay and $20 a dozen. May give a few a try.

I saw the initial pic and all I could think of was the multicolored combo packs of Top Flites you can get at DSG. The numbers on the characteristics don't look too bad for a ball in this segment, however.

Nice write up. Might give these a try later this year.

Great article, Dean. Honman balls are intriguing, need to give them a shot. Now, just to be able to find them...

Dean nice writeup. At $27 a dozen looks like they are not competing with the TourSoft or ProV1, but rather the second tier balls. Is that correct?

Dean nice writeup. At $27 a dozen looks like they are not competing with the TourSoft or ProV1, but rather the second tier balls. Is that correct?
Correct - not like a ProV1. This isn't a Tour ball with a urethane cover.

Back