Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

I have to go through this thread thoroughly now that I got selected for the big test. But early on and reading some of your comments, I'm really exited to try the method.

I'm someone who loses focus at times during a round and that usually ends with lost ahots and balls. Mindset appears easy enough to understand and execute that I can start incorporating it.

Love the explanations the early testers provided on how they visualize. Gives me ideas of what could work for me.

I have to go through this thread thoroughly now that I got selected for the big test. But early on and reading some of your comments, I'm really exited to try the method.

I'm someone who loses focus at times during a round and that usually ends with lost ahots and balls. Mindset appears easy enough to understand and execute that I can start incorporating it.

Love the explanations the early testers provided on how they visualize. Gives me ideas of what could work for me.

Awesome on reading this thread! It’s almost like a behind the scenes look. I think there will be a lot for you to gain here with these golf balls!

Now that testers have been selected, is everyone planning to use the "Mindset Alignment" on tee shots and putting? I realize that probably sounds like a dumb question, because I think that's the concept, but I also understand everyone is different and may not like the visual aid it provides and maybe only plans to test one side of the equation?

And to further extend that question, if the course happen to be preferred lies on a wet day, or maybe it's your league rule before fairways come in with full grass, will you use mindset on approach shots off the fairway?

Now that testers have been selected, is everyone planning to use the "Mindset Alignment" on tee shots and putting? I realize that probably sounds like a dumb question, because I think that's the concept, but I also understand everyone is different and may not like the visual aid it provides and maybe only plans to test one side of the equation?

And to further extend that question, if the course happen to be preferred lies on a wet day, or maybe it's your league rule before fairways come in with full grass, will you use mindset on approach shots off the fairway?
I’ve been thinking about this and I’m someone who doesn’t use a line when putting at all.

I think I’m going to have the mindset facing me on the tee and putting when I’m standing behind it at least at first, I’ll try both ways. I think this could be a good way to reinforce the process throughout my preshot routine.

And I would definitely take advantage of it in a fairway if I could lift clean and place it!

Yes I will be using it on both. I away‘s use a line when putting if not using the TT anyway. Off the tee can hurt either just to double check yourself. The few times we have lift clean and place I have never lined up a ball. I would try it if we had those conditions.

I usually don't use a line putting or on my tee shot, I try to set it up where I don't see any markings on my ball. With these, I'm going in with an open mind and try the mindset every chance I get, I really want to give it a go and see if it will help with losing focus during a round. It seems like a always have a great round going, close to breaking my personal best and I'll have a hole or two where I lose focus and ruin a good round.
I'm excited to give these a chance.

While I found the Mindset technology helpful for my game, the B X ball I chose to test is not helpful for my game. So I passed those along to another THPer and grabbed some RX to put into play.

Mindset works if you work it. Don’t feel constrained to use it in the same way as the player for which it was developed. I found it worked best for me when using the steps to check my setup when addressing the ball. One constant is focus on the green dot and go.

I usually don't use a line putting or on my tee shot, I try to set it up where I don't see any markings on my ball. With these, I'm going in with an open mind and try the mindset every chance I get, I really want to give it a go and see if it will help with losing focus during a round. It seems like a always have a great round going, close to breaking my personal best and I'll have a hole or two where I lose focus and ruin a good round.
I'm excited to give these a chance.
Off the tee I found the marking useful if things were getting loose by placing the green dot at the roughly the spot I wanted to hit the ball (keeping it visible.)

I almost always line up my ball on tee shots, so I expect that will continue. I'm probably 50/50 on using an alignment line when putting, and I expect I will align all my putts using the Mindset ball at first. Being first off weekday mornings when they typically water the course (and we have a worm castings issue), we pretty much play PCP. I may or may not try aligning those shots. I may want to see if I can carry over the Mindset process without using the graphic aid.

I have never used an aiming method off the tee before, but I'll give it a shot with these for sure. I usually use the line when putting so I'll be trying that as well.

Yea I plan to use it all 3 facets. I don't really care if it's lift clean in place or not, I can just not handicap those rounds, but I want to fully understand the concept and see if I feel like it's actually helping me.

I prefer no line when putting so I may have the dot up but the arrow pointed sideways so I can still use the mindset method but not have the concern with wether the arrow is lined up or not. Same with tee shots. It will be interesting on approaches when in theory the dot will not be visible how that plays out

I will definitely use the alignment on putting. I’m sure I’ll also give it a shot on tee shots even as a swing reminder of sorts. I can generally only work the ball right to left, so not sure I will see a huge advantage from using it on the tee.

I'll use it for putting, but not tee shots.

For putting, I've long used TT or if it's not a TT ball, a long drawn line. It helps me align the put the way I want.

For tee shots I find visual alignment less useful and sometime even distracting. My desired path is a draw and I launch several degrees to the right of the target. It for some reason messes with my head, if I have a line towards the intended target.

For those who don’t plan to use it on your tee shot or putting, do you plan to focus on the green for on these shots?

I’ll definitely use the mindset aid off the tee and on the green during my testing. I’m one who likes to use the line/divide on a ball when putting 100% of the time, and on occasion on the tee. In this instance, with the mindset visual cue, I’d like to fully give-in to the anid off the tee and everywhere in between the green, as much as I can.

Can’t really express how excited I am to have been given this chance and am like a kid counting down the days to Christmas waiting for these to arrive!

I've never used alignment lines off the tee or for putting, and every time I've tried something like Triple Track I've found it more distracting than helpful. So with Mindset I've set the ball with the graphic rolled towards the back of the ball, the arrow pointing in the general direction of my intended line, but not used for alignment. This puts the green dot visible on the back of the ball, which is where I've always tried to focus on full shots anyway. Focusing on the green dot has helped me on tee shots, and when it isn't visible from the fairway, or wherever else it might end up, I still try to focus on the back of the ball, but I found that I can't use the "focus on the green dot" part of step-3 for putting.

Here's a pic of how I have been setting up the graphic, both on the tee or the green:

index.php

I keep seeing a peacock’s eye when I look at that graphic.

I've never used alignment lines off the tee or for putting, and every time I've tried something like Triple Track I've found it more distracting than helpful. So with Mindset I've set the ball with the graphic rolled towards the back of the ball, the arrow pointing in the general direction of my intended line, but not used for alignment. This puts the green dot visible on the back of the ball, which is where I've always tried to focus on full shots anyway. Focusing on the green dot has helped me on tee shots, and when it isn't visible from the fairway, or wherever else it might end up, I still try to focus on the back of the ball, but I found that I can't use the "focus on the green dot" part of step-3 for putting.

Here's a pic of how I have been setting up the graphic, both on the tee or the green:

index.php
Gonna try this for sure I like the idea of this alignment

For those who don’t plan to use it on your tee shot or putting, do you plan to focus on the green for on these shots?
For the tee, yes. I plan on aligning the ball in the way that I see the green. That's the last thing I'll look at before switching my sight a couple of inches before the ball, where I want the bottom of my swing arc to be and swinging away.

I have a specific line I've found to work best for me on the greens, so I'm not expecting to use the mindset arrow on the greens long term, but will try it for science.

Pretty sure I won't use it for alignment on any swing shots either, but might plan to at least see it if that makes sense.

Played an executive course with my son using MindSet. Par 29. Small, firm and fast greens. Shot a 32 and had a chip in! The Tour B X shined today. I had a couple of full high lofted wedges that spun back 10 foot.

Take data.
Visualize it.
Do it!
Lets Go GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Used RX Mindset ball for a couple sim rounds today. Having dabbled with it when it first released I find it very beneficial. In the sim I can get lazy and not stay 100% focused. In sim rounds today I had the mindset graphics on ball to remind me. I find that even when holding ball preparing for tee shot or waiting on others to tee off it would keep me focused. My buddy that was there today even commented on my ball striking today.

The silence before the storm…

Back