Shot Scope Pro LX+ Review

I have a question about the Shot Scope data tracking on my H4. I used my 6 iron the other day to punch one out of the trees and back into play. It went 129 yards. My 6 iron average is 129. I normally hit my 6 iron 185. So, punching out is skewing my yardage down significantly. Do I just leave it and it all works out or should I edit that shot to my normal 130 club?

I’m looking at the Pro LX. My Leupold is starting to fade and giving some odd numbers. (5 years old roughly). I don’t need the + because I have the V3 and will be switching to that data tracking system after this season. Has anyone found any major negatives to this rangefinder? Budget with the THP coupon has it at $169. Seems like a steal if it works well.

I’m looking at the Pro LX. My Leupold is starting to fade and giving some odd numbers. (5 years old roughly). I don’t need the + because I have the V3 and will be switching to that data tracking system after this season. Has anyone found any major negatives to this rangefinder? Budget with the THP coupon has it at $169. Seems like a steal if it works well.

My only issue with it is it doesn’t have a magnet to attach it to the cart windshield. Other than that, it’s a great rangefinder.

I have a question about the Shot Scope data tracking on my H4. I used my 6 iron the other day to punch one out of the trees and back into play. It went 129 yards. My 6 iron average is 129. I normally hit my 6 iron 185. So, punching out is skewing my yardage down significantly. Do I just leave it and it all works out or should I edit that shot to my normal 130 club?

Tag it as positional in the editing process.

For guys using the Rangefinder, do you have difficulties zapping the pin/flag?
I find it often grabs trees behind green. Need 4-5 goes sometimes before I'm happy it got flag. I have fairly steady hands, used to handholding a camera with big lens.
Cheers 🥂

I find it often grabs trees behind green. Need 4-5 goes sometimes before I'm happy it got flag. I have fairly steady hands, used to handholding a camera with big lens.
Cheers 🥂
I used this pretty much most of last year and didnt have much of an issue on a very tree happy course haha.
I press and scan until I hit the flag. Works pretty well.

Do the club adapters ever need to be recharged? Do they have an expected life time? This looks like what I need to start dialing it in and reviewing personal stats.

Cheers 🥂
Yes, I actually came into this thread this morning to see if there were any tips or tricks that would help me get better at it.

Do the club adapters ever need to be recharged? Do they have an expected life time? This looks like what I need to start dialing it in and reviewing personal stats.
By "club adapters", are you referring to the tags that get attached to each of the clubs? If so, there are no batteries in them like Arccos, so the is no charging involved. As for life expectancy, I've used mine for over 300 rounds and had two that got worn around the edges from rubbing on the bottom of the bag. To prevent that from happening to others, I got some 15 mm self-stick furniture pad that weigh basically nothing and add just enough padding to keep the tags off the bottom of the bag and from wearing.

I have about 75 rounds with mine after getting them back in May. No problems with any tags so far and it sounds like I have a lot of rounds to look forward to based off of @Phil75070 's experience!

Cheers 🥂
I can be a bit shaky and will shoot the pin 2-3 times. Other than that, I have not had issues with grabbing the pin.

Yes, I actually came into this thread this morning to see if there were any tips or tricks that would help me get better at it.

I'm trying to figure this out as well. I find myself double checking the numbers with the H4 to make sure it's about what I think it should be. I was braced against the cart today and would still need 5-6 tries to get it to lock onto the pin. I've been wondering if I'm missing something, since I have spent a lot time with my FIL's Shot Scope Pro L1 and it gets the pin on the first try. So I was a little shocked that I've struggled with the Pro LX+.

If anyone has any advice, please feel free to share.

I'm trying to figure this out as well. I find myself double checking the numbers with the H4 to make sure it's about what I think it should be. I was braced against the cart today and would still need 5-6 tries to get it to lock onto the pin. I've been wondering if I'm missing something, since I have spent a lot time with my FIL's Shot Scope Pro L1 and it gets the pin on the first try. So I was a little shocked that I've struggled with the Pro LX+.

If anyone has any advice, please feel free to share.
Did you accidentally switch it to scan mode instead of pin lock?

Did you accidentally switch it to scan mode instead of pin lock?

I just double checked and it was set on M1, which should be pin lock. Not sure why it takes so many attempts to lock on the pin. I've tried aiming at the flag, the pin, and the little flag midway down the pin. Even when I've got it dead center of the target, it will give me different numbers. On one hole I had it show between 187 and 136, before I finally got it to lock at 152. The H4 showed 155 to the center, so the 152 was right. I'm just a little baffled that I struggle with this one and my FIL's Pro L1 was point and shoot and I had the number. I feel like I'm missing something with this one, but not sure what.

Still using this. I use the H4 more than the rangefinder. Both work great. I wish the H4 was colorized.

Still using this. I use the H4 more than the rangefinder. Both work great. I wish the H4 was colorized.
Are the distances the H4 displays adjusted for slope?

Back