your Top 3 golf etiquette tips ?

Louis_Posture

Reaction score
1) help maintain the course (repair ball marks, fill divots, rake bunkers).
2) go directly to your ball (no walking to a friend's ball or sitting in a cart while someone else plays a shot).
3) if there is a hole open ahead of you invite the group following you to play thru

Which are your Top 3 golf etiquette tips?

1. Fix your ball marks.
2. Fill your divots.
3. Be ready.

Don't make noise while a player is making a stroke.
Allow faster groups to play through.
Maintain the course by replacing divots (or sanding divot holes), raking bunkers and repairing pitch marks on the green.

1. Stay up with the group ahead of you.
2. Prepare to take your swing while others are taking theirs.
3. Do not stand directly behind a player who is either taking a swing or putting.

3. Do not stand directly behind a player who is either taking a swing or putting.
Why's that? Not to argue, I just didn't know that was a thing so I'm curious.

I've seen a lot of instances where people stand directly behind others taking a swing, like 10 feet back, but still right behind for one reason or another.

Be ready to play and do it ASAP.
Replace your divots.
Repair your pitch marks.

1. Be aware of yourself (ready golf, know who plays next, avoid being in the way or walking in someone's line, and don't hold others up)
2. Treat the course well (repair your divots and pitch marks, maybe a few that are not yours, too, don't drive a cart in wet areas)
3. Be respectful of others (quiet down when others are hitting, watch your shadow during early or late rounds, don't be obnoxious)

I've seen a lot of instances where people stand directly behind others taking a swing, like 10 feet back, but still right behind for one reason or another.
It can be really distracting to have somebody right behind you in your line of peripheral vision. It is a pretty well established rule of etiquette not to do it.

Only 3?
1. Take care of course- fix pitch marks, etc…
2. Maintain pace
3. Don’t be taking full swings right behind me as I am teeing off .

Dont be a richard
Respect the course
Keep pace

1) Don’t hit into people
2) Replace divots/ ball marks
3) Don’t speak when people are setting up and/or swinging/ putting

1. Play fast, ready golf
2. Repair your ball mark & one or two others
3. Don't be a d**k!

Because it can be in their peripheral vision & it's distracting

1) be ready to hit
2) 1 practice swing only
3) fix ball marks on green

Back