The 60 and over Thread

ARRRRGH. Back has had me out of bed since 0300. Really thinking about retiring again so I can smoke weed. Tired of making sure I skip days at a time with Norco.(despite the Dr saying don't be afraid of taking two a day) Then I'll just spend my days at the gym/dojo pretending I'm at work. My wifes narcotics use dropped tremendously when she started taking just a couple tokes just before bed every other day or so. I wish the Feds would pull their heads out of their asses and legalize it already. I am beginning to believe the conspiracy theorists who say big pharma is making payoffs ( AKA campaign contributions) too keep it illegal on a Federal level.
Hope the back improves.

As for the weed, I still have a little left from when I was growing it a few years back. I didn’t like the buzz as much as I’d hoped. Need to find another strain with less thc that is a bit more relaxing - if I ever decide to grow more. Not sure about the pain management aspect other than a higher cbd strain.

Had a friend that grew the stuff, dang it stank.
On I diff note 😀, has anyone tried an Inversion Table to reduce Compression? There are a few used ones for sale around me. Go to Gym 3 times a week and during Workout I usually jump up and hang from/pull up on Bar to release tension

I have one of these Standard models. Works well, durable. No reason to buy used when they’re this cheap.

Innova Inversion Table with Adjustable Headrest, Reversible Ankle Holders, and 300 lb Weight Capacity https://a.co/d/byL5ZJy

I do a lot of gardening while in a full Asian Squat.
I was digging up roses for four hours on Monday.
Spent a lot of time squatting down between rose bushes locating roots to preserve root mass.
Dug up over a dozen mature roses!

I have a lot of lower body strength and minimal back pain but can't say it has helped my swing speed.
Seems lower than it should so I'm working on that as the weather allows.
Though I've noticed that I can use a really long back swing without affecting the lateral dispersion of my swing.

I have one of these Standard models. Works well, durable. No reason to buy used when they’re this cheap.

Innova Inversion Table with Adjustable Headrest, Reversible Ankle Holders, and 300 lb Weight Capacity https://a.co/d/byL5ZJy
Yep that's the one. In New condition for $50.

I do a lot of gardening while in a full Asian Squat.
I was digging up roses for four hours on Monday.
Spent a lot of time squatting down between rose bushes locating roots to preserve root mass.
Dug up over a dozen mature roses!

I have a lot of lower body strength and minimal back pain but can't say it has helped my swing speed.
Seems lower than it should so I'm working on that as the weather allows.
Though I've noticed that I can use a really long back swing without affecting the lateral dispersion of my swing.
Anytime my Back has a forward Arch like that it causes mild pain (can I blame Putting on that), especially if I squat down like that. 4 hours would have me in Hospital.

Anytime my Back has a forward Arch like that it causes mild pain (can I blame Putting on that), especially if I squat down like that. 4 hours would have me in Hospital.
Last year I got a mirror and started putting with my eyes over the ball. But, I noticed some pain if I did that for a long time!
I think I'm going to go back to putting with the ball a little further away from me so I'm in a more natural position for putting.

Last year I got a mirror and started putting with my eyes over the ball. But, I noticed some pain if I did that for a long time!
I think I'm going to go back to putting with the ball a little further away from me so I'm in a more natural position for putting.
Find myself bending my Knees more now hen I Putt. The killer is picking up the Ball. Spider Tour has no way of scooping Ball.

It's legal in my state. Occasionally, I can smell it on the golf course. I hope you're back on your feet soon.
It's legal in MI too. But not Federally. Feds are suffering from a rectal/cranial inversion.

But, the toughest weather is the thaw that makes the heavy clay soil really mushy.
With us, it isn't clay, but worm castings! They are all over the fairways, good for the soil but bad for golf. It gets all over the balls, and affects roll out. Sticks to the soles of the shoes like glue! It cannot be avoided, it is so prevalent! :mad:

It's legal in MI too. But not Federally. Feds are suffering from a rectal/cranial inversion.
Not sure what the feds have to do with it. Given how busy the MJ stores are around here people don't seem concerned with the feds.

Not sure what the feds have to do with it. Given how busy the MJ stores are around here people don't seem concerned with the feds.
Because my drivers license is a Federal license and we are subject to health cards and random testing if you test positive, you are toast. Federal law supercedes state law.

A while back I got something from AARP stating that squats are a go to exercise for seniors.
Not with my Back.

With us, it isn't clay, but worm castings! They are all over the fairways, good for the soil but bad for golf. It gets all over the balls, and affects roll out. Sticks to the soles of the shoes like glue! It cannot be avoided, it is so prevalent! :mad:
I'll take that over Goose Dung.

Hope the back improves.

As for the weed, I still have a little left from when I was growing it a few years back. I didn’t like the buzz as much as I’d hoped. Need to find another strain with less thc that is a bit more relaxing - if I ever decide to grow more. Not sure about the pain management aspect other than a higher cbd strain.

If you're experienced with the herb you should know about dose regulation. In other words, if I smoke this joint until I start feeling high, I will end up way TOO high! Back in the day I did hard physical work. Back at home I'd clean up and relax with some bodacious lettuce. This was in the days before testing. It was "two hit s**t"! I'd take two tokes and put it out, About 20 minutes later I had a real nice glow going that didn't make me feel out of whack or anything. It did seem to help with pain.

I'm also reminded of another time when I was at my buddy's place and he, his wife, and I shared a doob that had been given to him. We finished the whole thing, and his wife then jumped in her car to go shopping in a nearby suburb. We built a fire and sat around drinking beer, eventually wondering what the heck was taking her!? Well, the area the was driving into was, and still is, the premier shopping and dining destination in the whole county. She pulled back in, stomped up to us, and excalimed, "Don't your EVER let me get high and drive into Boardman ever again!"
On I diff note 😀, has anyone tried an Inversion Table to reduce Compression? There are a few used ones for sale around me. Go to Gym 3 times a week and during Workout I usually jump up and hang from/pull up on Bar to release tension
Skunk weed!

Inversion tables are fantastic, and not just for disc issues. I have bone on bone facet joints and inversion offers effective relief for awhile. My wife has disc issues and it will work for her on occassion, but her issues are pretty bad. Poor thing.

I had an inversion table for a few years after a couple of bulging discs. I don't think it "cured" the issue, but it always felt better for a few hours after using it. Eventually gave it to my wife's son since our house is too small to have it sitting around in the way. Started in with kettlebells a couple of months ago that might be helping. Also started carrying a small massage gun in my golf bag....makes things better for a couple of holes.

I had an inversion table for a few years after a couple of bulging discs. I don't think it "cured" the issue, but it always felt better for a few hours after using it. Eventually gave it to my wife's son since our house is too small to have it sitting around in the way. Started in with kettlebells a couple of months ago that might be helping. Also started carrying a small massage gun in my golf bag....makes things better for a couple of holes.
I can't even elucidate how much I like these for instant pain blocking. The second it goes off the pain will be right back, but they can go for hous and hours on a single charge. I have other more expensive units, but this works as well as any for only 21 bucks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406_034901_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_034901_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 7
I can't even elucidate how much I like these for instant pain blocking. The second it goes off the pain will be right back, but they can go for hous and hours on a single charge. I have other more expensive units, but this works as well as any for only 21 bucks.
Luckily, my problem isn't really "pain". More of bad discomfort. 2 bulging discs in 2011 which eventually got better, but still lingering effects. Standing (golf) makes it worse and I get steadily more uncomfortable and stiffer as the round goes. I start off with 2 Ibuprofen and 2 paracetamols before the round and now I give it a quick whack with the gun before I start and usually a couple more times later in the round.

So does this have a Vibration feature, asking for someone. 😀

It would seem I Hijacked this Thread to become Back Pain Commiserations. 😀

Back