Lost my ShotScope L2 rangefinder

I have taped a length of red trail marking tape to mine. It waves in the breeze and helps me remember to always pluck it off the cart.. Why? Because I have left one on the cart before like a few other folks.

Why I wrap it in a microfiber towel and drop it in the basket behind the seat. Takes but a second to deploy or stow, but it wont fall out or fall prey.
Thieves are everywhere, and quite ballsy. A number of years ago I came out of the bathroom after a quick leak at the turn and saw a guy walking away with my putter. He swore he just wanted to try it on the putting green. Yea sure buddy. Lets just say one quick knee and he will forever think twice before trying to steal someones stuff. And I doubt he procreated thereafter.
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Such a bummer I feel like everyone who has owned one has done it, but why the steering column? Seems like an easy place to forget about it 🤷🏻‍♂️
It’s my personal cart! Not a matter of forgetting it.

I too have lost a range finder that way. Now, I put my keys in the range finder case so it makes me remember when cleaning out the cart.
⬆️THIS!!!!! Hate to hear about these lost RFs. I've left them in the cart but when my car keys are in the case, I will never forget it.

I left my Nikon CoolShot range finder at the course on a cart some 30 miles from home. I called the course and they had it for me waiting to be picked up. I offered them $30 for there honesty and they refused. I have even left my cell phone and was lucky enough that I was able to recover it.

This is why I think magnets are the most overrated feature on a range finder.
Like I said a few posts ago… it’s only a “feature” for the rangefinder and Bluetooth speaker companies. Kids are too lazy to go back for it, they’d rather sit on their ass and wait for Amazon to hand them a new one.

That’s too bad, have never lost mine although I don’t have a magnet so either in my bag’s front magnetic pocket or right in front of me in cart. When I do take a cart I usually check every nook and cranny probably twice to ensure nothing left behind.
I've gotten in that habit too, after having "lost" a pair of Oakleys and a couple rangefinders over the years. I scour the whole cart before I turn it in to make sure I didn't leave anything behind. It was an expensive lesson to learn, but I finally learned it.

I also leave the rangefinder pouch unzipped on my golf bag anytime the rangefinder isn't in it. I'm kind of OCD about having all my bag pockets zipped up, so if one is open that tells me something is amiss.

Back