Well, I won’t be playing golf for a while..

We got pummeled today. Some terrible rain this way.

Oh my! That is not what I was expecting!

So sad

Attachments

• IMG_3794.mov
    208.7 MB
Holy moly

Its fine, like a 15-20 minute rain delay, dry up in no time!

Hopefully things dry up, and you can get out on the course sooner than later!

I was on base at Little Creek last Friday and the golf course was a mess. I've been here since 1986 and never seen it this bad, and that includes a few hurricanes that have come through in the past.

They opened the back 9 for walking only by Sunday.

The amount of rain we got yesterday was crazy! Tornado watch from 9am to 5pm was a long time.

Oof - what course/where is that? Sad to see.

We got snow up here in New England… not the end of the world… still have 8 months of golf weather ahead. Been cold, windy and rainy anyway around here, no need to play and waste money on that crap.

We got snow up here in New England… not the end of the world… still have 8 months of golf weather ahead. Been cold, windy and rainy anyway around here, no need to play and waste money on that crap.
Snowing here this morning.

Yesterday we had no snow at all

PXL_20240404_122148135.jpg

We got pummeled today. Some terrible rain this way.
Youre Dumb Charles Barkley GIF by Saturday Night Live

We've been snow or rain for the past 3 days, but .... in the 50s this weekend so just maybe? Everything here went from looking like that to soggy very fast, but not as bad as Florida.

Weekend only getting up to 4-6C here so we'll probably have snow for a bit here. We're still expected to get more

Our weather network is great though, we have a snowfall warning right now....and right under it they write "we issue snowfall warnings when snowfall is expected"

Thankfully they cleared that up

Oof that’s a lot of water for a course to take on. Hopefully it recovers enough by end of the year :(

Yikes

I've been composting Fall leaves and grass clippings for twenty years. Harvesting carbon from the air and adding it to my soil!
All that soil has raised my property, so I have much less water in my basement! Just a little trickle from a window that runs back out the basement door.
The raised beds allow me to grow roses without watering. The heavy clay soil holds the water all summer and the rose roots grow in the "black gold" above it!
I've won trophies with roses that haven't been watered in years! While others are complaining about their plants shutting down due to the summer draught.

Back