Front door to first tee, how long does it take?

camden_kid

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
How long is the average journey from leaving the house to hitting the first ball on your home course?

30 mins

7 Minutes

5 minute walk

Home course and course I play 2nd most are both 25 min drives. There are seven closer courses I drive past enroute to one or the other but six are private and I'm not a member and one bores me too much to play it more than once or twice a year.

Club is around 10 minutes from my house.

If i don't warm up about 13 minutes. I've done it in 10 when i forgot my putter before an important round lol

7-8 minutes to the club. Usually give myself about 20-25 to get a coffee, walk down to get my cart from the cart barn, and warm up a little. So generally about 30-35 minutes from the door to tee. I little longer when it's cold to give myself a little more time to warm up.

35 minutes. That includes a 28 minute drive.

Staying truthfully to the speed limits and all driving laws, 5-7min

Yeah but if you were drunk, texting, and running a monkey knife-fight in your rear seat---then how long?

Im an enigma. My home course is Ballyhack. From my front door that is 9 hours away.

Around 6 minutes. If I hustle and don’t talk to anyone.

Usually 15 because I’m chatty.

It's about 8 minutes from my garage to the parking lot, and another 5 to drag my stuff out and check in and tee off if I don't warm up.

My drive to the course is 8-10 minutes. I usually arrive close to an hour early, but we could end up teeing off anywhere from right on time to 45 minutes early, so total time from home to first ball in the air varies.

There have been times when my group is already waiting on the first tee when I pull into the parking lot, so in that case my time from backing out of my garage to first ball in the air is 12-15 minutes.

Last edited:
5 minutes w/o warmup.

3-4 minutes in the car.
2 minutes out of the car, shoes on, and walking.
10 seconds to 10 minutes in the pro shop checking in.
1 minute to 30 minutes on the range.
1 minute to 15 minutes on the putting green.

So, 7 minutes to one hour haha

So jealous of everyone on or right off the course! 25 minutes of drive time plus about 5 minutes to setup my push cart. Probably say 35 minutes. Rush hour or trafficky times could take longer. If we stop to get breakfast on the way as we do most rounds, add in 10 minutes.

35-45 minutes.

There are two courses almost in our backyard, one public and one private. Another 2 private courses within 10 minutes. The wife isn't ready to buy a membership and the closest public course charges too much for the conditions, pace, and boring layout ($95 this past year with a cart). That course is also cart only on weekends which is a pet peeve of mine. We go to a $45 course on weekends walking. $30 weekday! And...better conditions

I don't really have a home course but the course I usually play if I'm playing solo and not meeting up with someone is about 30 minutes front door to tee-off if I don't warm-up.

If I warm up about 30-35 minutes. If I’m going straight to the first tee I can leave 15 minutes before me tee time and be ready to hit on time. Our summer spot is closer to the course - only about a 4-5 minute drive for the 2.5 miles so 20 minutes is enough time to make it there and get my typical 10 minute warm up in.

Back