Rainbow Cookies Are the Best Cookies

They are literally served on a tray with other COOKIES in an Italian cookie tray, placed in the COOKIE counter/display of an Italian bakery, have the name COOKIE in them, and are bite size like a COOKIE, but ok, they aren't a cookie. I especially like the people who have never tried them or seen them denying their cookie status. To each their own, but to me they are a cookie.
Preach!
Every meal at a THP Experience they applaud the choices and then get confused in threads and yell "Meat Good, potato good, all else bad":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

To all these people who say it’s not a cookie…

They are literally served on a tray with other COOKIES in an Italian cookie tray, placed in the COOKIE counter/display of an Italian bakery, have the name COOKIE in them, and are bite size like a COOKIE, but ok, they aren't a cookie. I especially like the people who have never tried them or seen them denying their cookie status. To each their own, but to me they are a cookie.

Definitely, a great cookie that is underrated. Best? Probably in my top 10.

So, through this thread, I am learning that these are Italian in origin, and not Jewish. Which is both embarrassing and alarming. I have only ever purchased these from a Jewish deli.

Also, @GolferGal if people this a rainbow cookie is a cake, then I can't wait to see what they think a black and white cookie is. Maybe an iced pancake?

Too many steps, he is using google, and its not accurate. Many cookies are made with eggs.

the recipe for rainbow cookies says it uses cake lol
I've seen these, but don't think I've ever actually had one, so I'm calling it a cake 🤣. Wikipedia calls it a cake and we all know wikipedia is 100% fact.

Rainbow cookie or rainbow cake usually refers to a three-layered almond-flavored Italian-American cookie, but can also refer to any of a number of rainbow-colored confections.[1][2]

Composition[edit]
Rainbow cookies are typically composed of layers of brightly colored, almond-based sponge cake (usually almond paste/marzipan), apricot and/or raspberry jam, and a chocolate coating.[3] Commonly referred to as a "cookie," their composition is closer in many ways to a layered cake or petit four. The original rainbow cookie featured layers with colors representing the Italian flag: white, red and green.[4] However, there may be variations in the color of the rainbow cookie's layers, whether for particular holidays, or other events.

heck, the italian sons and daughters of america even admits these aren't cookies https://orderisda.org/culture/food-...talian-not-a-cookie-not-a-rainbow-what-gives/

never seen one or had one...there are so many more cookies I'd prefer

amaretti, biscotti, almond toasts

Last edited:
I've never had one

So, through this thread, I am learning that these are Italian in origin, and not Jewish. Which is both embarrassing and alarming. I have only ever purchased these from a Jewish deli.

Also, @GolferGal if people this a rainbow cookie is a cake, then I can't wait to see what they think a black and white cookie is. Maybe an iced pancake?

kinda want to try an iced pancake now. :unsure:

I would definitely try it

I love so many that have never seen one or had one declaring them not good.
That sums up a golfer so freaking well :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah thats a big NO!
Chocolate Chip cookies are the best!

I have been wondering the exact same thing. 😂
I love so many that have never seen one or had one declaring them not good.
That sums up a golfer so freaking well :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh I know, that's my favorite part. If you have had one and want to claim others are better, of course that's your opinion, but to say others are better yet never even hearing about it until just now is down right funny to me.

Those look really good except the dark chocolate. Wonder if all cake tastes better like that too😉.

I have been wondering the exact same thing. 😂

Oh I know, that's my favorite part. If you have had one and want to claim others are better, of course that's your opinion, but to say others are better yet never even hearing about it until just now is down right funny to me.
When it comes to cookies/dessert... nobody beat Grandma L. She's the g.o.a.t baker. Chocolate Chip, Snowball, Date Pinwheel, etc. So many cakes and pies...

It doesn't much matter how good something new might be, it's not knocking of Grandma L.

The only other cookie that can give those a run for their money is chocolate chip

I think most were just having fun with it. At least I was, as It does not look like a cookie.
But I will take your word for it that it is a cookie. I have never seen or experienced anything like what is in the picture as a cookie? What does it taste like? Is it fruit flavor or just colored cookie dough?

I think most were just having fun with it. At least I was, as It does not look like a cookie.
But I will take your word for it that it is a cookie. I have never seen or experienced anything like what is in the picture as a cookie? What does it taste like? Is it fruit flavor or just colored cookie dough?

I am just having fun too, although I really do find it funny when someone has never seen, tasted or even heard of something and can claim something else is better, that just makes me laugh.

The dominate flavors are chocolate, raspberry and marzipan.

Back