JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you a fan or no?

I like it, but it’s a tough format. Feel like I let my partner down if I put them in a bad position.

who is my partner?

That matters MASSIVELY. If someone can laugh off bad shots that they have hit and I have hit, and never apologizes... I think it's a great test. That said, it sucks to not get to hit your ball repeatedly, and even worse when there are big delays because of pace of play.

Love

It’s okay. They use that for our parent/Junior club tournament every year with a shamble tee shot. I just don’t like holding my son back, but I enjoy spending time with him. We took 2nd this year with an 83 despite me hitting a few really bad shots he had to try and recover from. First was an 82 in our flight.

Love it but have never played it

I’m a fan IF it’s someone I’ve played with before. Meet your partner on the 1st tee, not so much.

Love it. But +1 to having to know your partner. Rando would be a big time no from me.

Would love to try, but haven’t. Really test everyone’s patience and nerve.

I’m a fan of this format. I have played with a good friend who has a similar game, so. I was comfortable with the format and my partner.

Love to play it and love to watch it

I like it but it is a tough format for partners that have a wide spread in handicaps.

Love it. Ham and egged it pretty good with @Pringles a few years back at Regional Rivalry despite never playing with him before.

Love Alt Shot!!! Takes the individuality out of the game of golf for a round.

Love it, just don’t pair me with my little brother, we found that out the hard way in getting beat 4 and 3 in a nine hole match two summer’s ago 😳

I like it. It’s been pretty fun the few times I’ve played it.

Fun if you are playing a course you both know. Less fun otherwise

Though difficult, i enjoy it. Playing in a Ryder Cup style event this weekend… 9 holes of alternate shot is on the menu.
Fingers crossed!!

I will say it can be the most exciting and rewarding format or the most frustrating.

I’m a fan. It provides the ultimate opportunity to really focus and strategize with your partner. One rule though, “never say sorry” for a bad shot

Depends on the quality of players. I feel like I’m right on the fringe of being good enough for it.

Tough to keep a rhythm if pace of play isn’t good. Don’t like when my partner and I are apologizing to each other and it starts bad vibes.

Love it, especially when your partner is a good iron player and gets most of the approach shots.

Back