Recent content by xcman04

1. X

Reflecting on my successful putter fitting

So ever since I picked up golf again a few years ago, it’s been nothing but a revolving door of putters for me. Try one, love it, buy it, play it, something just doesn’t feel 100% right, trade it in, repeat cycle. While I’m definitely one of those folks who actually loves trying out putters and...
  2. X

What did you shoot today?

45-50 for an entertaining 95. For the first eight holes I was on fire - making long putts for par and even chipped in once. Started to lose focus and cost myself dearly over the next few holes but recovered with back to back pars and ended on a high note.
  3. X

Back Up Putter(s)

I made a resolution this year to stick with one putter on the course (my home putting mat is a different story) and for the most part it's been working out nicely, but I do have a few backups that I keep around just in case. I specifically like having my Mizuno M.CRAFT OMOI #4 because while I'm...
  4. X

Odyssey Ai One Cruiser Putters

Not entirely sure myself, but I have both and the Cruiser is definitely noticeably lighter. My guess would be the shaft, but as others have said it could be the shaft, the grip, or a combination of factors.
  5. X

55-50 for a not as bad as it looks 105. Course conditions were absolutely terrible with standing water everywhere, lots of wind and lowish temps, so expectations were just to go out and have fun. As has been the theme all year, I couldn’t hit my driver at all and I keep pulling my second shots...
  6. X

Do you have a "go-to" putter?

This season is the first season in the four years since I started playing again where I feel I have a go-to putter, which is my 2022 Bettinardi Inovai 6.0. I am just putting so well with it right now and it feels great that despite my best efforts I can’t take it out of the bag.
  7. X

So I couldn’t resist and took a chance on an Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser. Gave it a spin during Friday’s round and it did not disappoint - distance control was great and I made a couple of hairy long distance putts, including one for a very nice birdie. I need to practice more and get more...
  8. X

I got a chance to try one of these out in a store today and being an owner of a 380, I have to say I pretty much agree with everything @War Eagle said. While I like the Microhinge insert, I think I prefer the Ai One insert - it feels a bit firmer and less springy to me. I also agree that the...
  9. X

Has anyone gotten in a round with one of these? Very curious to hear what people think after trying them out on the course.
  10. X

Par on a Par 3 is Great

This thread suddenly makes me feel even better about my par yesterday on the long par 3 at my home course:LOL:. I'm always happy to bogey par 3's - I definitely have a hard time getting my tee shot anywhere close to the green, so it very often takes two shots to get on, and then two putts if I'm...
  11. X

44-49 for a season’s best 93. Played pretty decent but my chipping really kept me close to bogey golf for most of the round. Sadly my driving started to fail me on the back nine, and I’m still hooking my second shots, but overall a nice round. I think probably the best part of this round and...
  12. X

TaylorMade Spider Tour Series Putters

Feels like there’s been a bunch of success on Tour with these recently. Scottie just won with one and someone else won with one a few weeks ago. Great release this year!
  13. X

50-50 for a mildly annoying 100. Had a chance to break 100 but my driving cost me big time. Was able to keep my par streak alive with a great recovery shot from 40 yards out in the rough to 2 feet, and my putting is solid to start the year, but if I can’t figure out my driving soon it’s going to...
  14. X

Bettinardi 2024 Inovai Series

These are such great putters - I prefer them over SC.
  15. X

What’s your favorite putter?

Today, my 2022 Bettinardi Inovai 6.0. All time, probably the Odyssey Bird of Prey from a few years ago - loved the shape, loved the name, just couldn't get it to work consistently for me.
Back