Recent content by Wormkiller

1. Wormkiller

A reflection of things after quitting golf 2 months ago

We played at Arrowtown golf club. Jacks point is in Queenstown, about 30 minutes away. Unreal spot.
  2. Wormkiller

I had a really good time playing 9 holes with a 7 iron and a putter recently with a beginner friend. Just stripping it all back to being really simple. One of the more enjoyable rounds I've ever had. I reckon you're right - the whole comparing and competitiveness definitely exists for running...
  3. Wormkiller

We're in the middle of summer here in Perth. Last week it got to 45 degrees celcius (113F) and it was just too hot to get outside to do anything, even at night. So I did the alternative and ran on a treadmill at the local gym. I didn't enjoy it admittedly. Running on the spot with nothing to...
  4. Wormkiller

Two months ago to the day I did my first run following the 5k runner program app. I didn't plan it, but this was the day I quit golf. At least competitively. Since then I've played socially a couple of times but haven't practiced or played any competition. After all the time and money and the...
  5. Wormkiller

What would or does compromise your interest in playing the game?

My interest in the game has almost completely evaporated over the last month. It’s come from mainly one app. Couch to 5k. Since starting running, almost overnight it’s taken over my interest in golf. I’ve played a couple of times since, including today, and both times have only served as...
  6. Wormkiller

How to Fix the Broken Handicap System: Dynamic Handicapping

As much as having an extra shot on a hole?
  7. Wormkiller

Any history enthusiasts here?

I'm a history buff. Love my military history, especially the Napoleonic era and World War 2. A lot of my travel around the world is centred on seeing historical sites. Most of my reading is historical fiction.
  8. Wormkiller

Does your range close for winter?

Luckily a typical winter's day in my part of the world is about 18 degrees celcius (65 F) and sunny. My local range is more likely to close or get less useable in summer when the grass dies and all thats left is sand lol.
  9. Wormkiller

How to Fix the Broken Handicap System: Dynamic Handicapping

What incentive is there to hit a green in reg?
  10. Wormkiller

Rank the top 3 feelings in golf.

1. Winning a club competition. There is no better feeling at all in golf than performing in competition in a large field. Nothing. 2. Coming second. 3. Coming third. I'm proud of my two wins and four top 5's this year. Wouldn't even trade my wins for a hole in one.
  11. Wormkiller

Video Games Thread

Im currently playing Napoelon Total War. Great game even for its age. Also playing Cricket 24. Standard big riddled mess from the developer.
  12. Wormkiller

2024 Better You Fitness Thread

Hello all, I'm 40 years old and weigh 87kg, I have lost 10kg since July this year purely from diet alone. My aim is to get down to 85kg by 1 April 2024. I've recently started running, and am following the Couch to 5k program via an app. I've never been able to run for long distances. I've...
  13. Wormkiller

2023 Better You Fitness Thread

Hello all, I'm 40 years old and weigh 87kg, I have lost 10kg since July this year purely from diet alone. My aim is to get down to 85kg by 1 April 2024. I've recently started running, and am following the Couch to 5k program via an app. I've never been able to run for long distances. I've...
  14. Wormkiller

Sim v. Real Golf

- Perfect, flat lie everytime - Hitting into a mat flatters the outcome of fat shots. - No putting - No sand - You hit straight into a screen and miss many of the environmental constraints that subconsciously affect a golf shot and setting up for a golf shot. They are two different games. I've...
Back