Recent content by WoodroweBones

1. WoodroweBones

Family Golf

My 9 year old has started to show some interest... I'm excited to steer him clear of so many of the pitfalls I've had over the years! Right now we are working on making contact in the garage/driving range before we go out on the course. I really hope he enjoys it and we get a few rounds in!
  2. WoodroweBones

Who is the best YouTube instructor? And why is it Danny Maude?

Surprised Eric Cogorno isnt mentioned more! I watch videos from most of these guys but for different reasons. Danny Maude/Mark Crossfield - I find these guys lean towards trying to make things super simple. Not a bad thing but I feel definitely geared toward the higher handicap golfer but can...
  3. WoodroweBones

CONTEST The Hunt - The 2024 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Just remember if you changed your number of posts per page then the page numbers will be off! EDIT: Oh maybe its not a thing anymore. I thought I changed mine a long time ago but I cant find where!
  4. WoodroweBones

#TheGrandaddy - Live Update Thread

Completely agree with the post though... seeing all those broken thumbnails is sad
  5. WoodroweBones

CONTEST The Hunt - The 2024 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

I have to say this was one of the top 5 ways to kill time during a boring work meeting. Would do again, 9/10!
  6. WoodroweBones

Tell Me About Your Wrists Before Impact

I bet there are a LOT of people who flip and have early extension who simply arent mobile enough to let the club work like it should. That is most likely why they have to fight with their wrists. I know I was one of them (and still kind of am) until very recently. Flipping/early extension was...
  7. WoodroweBones

Bagel Love - what's your order?

NYC (Bacon) and a blueberry bagel with strawberry cream cheese
  8. WoodroweBones

Tell Me About Your Wrists Before Impact

So when he says "the wrists take care of themselves", I'm inclined to agree from my own experience. The best hits I ever have are when I make sure I relax my hands/grip and just let it flow. I honestly couldnt even tell you what my wrists are doing because I'm just working on keeping them loose...
  9. WoodroweBones

Ghost Adventures House Calls

Ohh I watch tons of ghost shows (this one included). Will be very cool to have a connection to the person on the show! I'll likely watch it tonight
  10. WoodroweBones

Updated PGA Tour Trackman Averages Data - Thoughts?

The driver AoA is a bit surprising to me (especially with that spin) and it really highlights where my iron play needs work. Otherwise nothing jumps out at me
  11. WoodroweBones

Skymark on a driver

I would allow it... but on the flip side its why i almost never ask to hit anyone's clubs and politely refuse if they offer :p Its not that I'm a known skymarker, in fact I do it very rarely but I just know that will be the time it happens
  12. WoodroweBones

Blew It Up, Trying To Piece it Back Together Again

Have you ever done a mobility assessment? I never had and just assumed anything I needed to do was a training issue... then I did a mobility assessment and discovered that my early extension is something that no amount of training could ever fix. Its because my internal hip rotation and shoulder...
  13. WoodroweBones

Which Neighbor Are You?

I'm definitely the friendly smile and wave type neighbor. If my old junky snowblower is working and we get a pile of snow I'll sometimes snowblow the neighbors driveways if we get dumped on. I'm not much of a small talk person. My wife typically knows them better and shes not usually shy about...
  14. WoodroweBones

Blew It Up, Trying To Piece it Back Together Again

The golf swing is one of the most finicky things on the planet! For me personally what I find works is that rather than focus on the specific thing (keep left wrist flat at impact) I'll find a drill where the only way to do it properly is to have a flat wrist at impact. For me it helps my...
  15. WoodroweBones

Interesting Group I was paired up with today - I am usually a single so I get what I get

Sounds like they won a raffle for some golf gear and this was their first time out
Back