Recent content by WLG1952

1. WLG1952

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

Keep up the good play. Im a sepsis survivor myself. I know your struggles.
  2. WLG1952

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Picked up 3 old clubs today. 8* Callaway War Bird. Thought Id try it out since it had the same shaft in as my driver. 8*s is new to me. Also an old Adams Tight Lies strong 5 wood. Nothing fancy here. Just a nice dependable club if someone wants to use it. The 3rd club was a Carbite 7 wood...
  3. WLG1952

Expensive/Nicest/Craziest Thing Found On The Golf Course?

Over the years, I've found a few wallets which included cash, and credit cards. Turned those in at the front desk. One wallet had $900 cash in it. That one I got a receipt for. Golf stuff just the usual stuff. Wedges, head covers. Found one GPS meter. All turned it. Myself, I lost a really...
  4. WLG1952

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

This was a swing for fence morning for me, and my four wedges. By that I mean I swung the clubs as fast as I could, while still staying in balance. Just wanted to see what I might be capable of. Also still trying out the new knee brace. Although my horizontal dispersion suffered a little, most...
  5. WLG1952

Rory NOT returning to Policy Board

Not really a Rory fan, but this seems to be a well thought out decision on his part. Not one his usual shoot from the hip remarks. Good for him. To me, recently his (new)views on the LIV tour, and Ryder Cup rule changes didnt seem like they would collide very well with the current policy board...
  6. WLG1952

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

In my old age game bogey 1s are not a bad thing. Sometimes I even play for a bogey 1. Obviously a par score is better, and what I strive for, but bogey 1s are a reality. My biggest course management, scoring thought is "No 6s" on any hole.
  7. WLG1952

PGA ratings grab?

Only if the PGAT lifts their suspensions against the LIV players. That might help viewership. That, and fewer commercial interruptions. I sometimes think viewing audiences of today have so mich more to watch, that pro golf has lost a lot of its appeal. Myself I have over 300 channels...
  8. WLG1952

Would you get work done on your clubs at Dick's Sporting Goods??

Probably not. The folks who work at our local Dicks, are just sales people. If there's not a bar code to scan, they seem to be lost. I once asked an employee a golf club question about the flex of a certain club. He referred me to Golf Galaxy up the street.
  9. WLG1952

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Tried something different this morning. For decades, when I wanted to hit a lower flying, longer running shot, I would just play the ball back in my stance, and adjusted my swing. Most of the time this worked just fine. However, every so often I would push the ball to the right, because the...
  10. WLG1952

Red Lobster Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Last time I was at a Red Lobsters was probably back in the 1980s. Pretty sure I wont miss their closure.
  11. WLG1952

Are there any signs?

Not for me, unless Im deathly ill, or dead. Some of my best rounds have been played when I was tired. My biggest issue with desert golf is dehydration. That I solve by hydrating the day before I play. Since I practice/play 4-5 times a week Im constantly drinking fluids
  12. WLG1952

Total distance question

First off, I wish had the same problem.....sort of. I could use the extra yards. Just a guess, as Im going off when I had the same problem, but it sounds like the OP is adding more loft to his irons at impact. My problem at the time was due to a casting problem in the down swing. I also also...
  13. WLG1952

What are the signs of a bad Instructor?

I would think that an instructor who doesn't know how, or wont work with the swing the student already has, might be someone to be avoided. Unless of course, if the student has no golf swing at all. I don't believe in one method fits all when it comes to great golf instruction. I also...
  14. WLG1952

What Do You Do To Just Get Away???

I go fishing.
  15. WLG1952

SGI/GI vs practice

I just like hitting golf balls. I practice 3-4 days a week. Ive been playing 9 hole rounds twice a week. Im a junkie, and golf is my drug. My clubs are old, and I have no plans to up grade anytime soon. I have bags of clubs I like to play. GI/SGI/ Hogan blades. I basically shoot the same...
Back