Recent content by wcugrad

1. W

Best "old" Ping irons

So I have been a long-time lurker on the board, but am back in the market for some irons and wanted to get some opinions. I am pretty set on Pings, and have had "sort of" a fitting in the local PGA Superstore during a lunch hour. I have been playing Pings in +1/2" and Green Dot (2.25 upright)...
  2. W

Western North Carolina golf trip

Can anybody compare playing both courses at Rumbling Bald (Bald Mountain and Apple Valley) in Lake Lure, NC versus playing Grassy Creek (Spruce Pine) and Mountain Glen (Newland)? I have a group of guys going up for a long weekend and we are set for Saturday and Sunday, but want to play 36 on...
  3. W

Burner 2.0 irons versus RAZR X Tours

I am new to THP, but have been reading extensively about several iron sets. I have spent time at Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy hitting several different clubs, and seem to be narrowing my decision down to the TaylorMade Burner 2.0s or the RAZR X Tours (although I spent a LOT of time reading through...
  4. W

New from North Carolina

I have been a very avid reader for the past month or so, as I am heading into a "milestone" birthday (40) and want to treat myself to a good set of clubs for the first time. I have really enjoyed reading several of the review threads, but am still having a hard time - maybe even more so now -...
Back