Recent content by uitar99

1. uitar99

Well, this is sobering……

That new driver technology will get you another 5-7 yards....into the trees.
  2. uitar99

Playing Too Fast??

I always have to look at my problems. They are all first world problems. Hopefully the grounds crew were not cleaning up last nights bomb attack.
  3. uitar99

The 60 and over Thread

The testosterone kicks in...and then we hit a shot we can make only 2/10 times. One of the hardest techniques in golf.
  4. uitar99

The 60 and over Thread

Me too. I just find from that standard men's tee, my scores were increasing and I didn't like it.
  5. uitar99

The 60 and over Thread

...I've gone the other way...I'm down to nine clubs in the bag and probably got 50 other clubs scattered around the house which used to go in and then out of the bag with disastrous results, Lol. Driver, 7 wood, 7-9 irons and three wedges. Nothing is newer than 6 years with the irons being...
  6. uitar99

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Been using the Z-Star last season and now this system. When I hit it solidly, it goes where I want and has enough roll out for my needs. I don't spin a ball but I can control distance to the green. Plus it holds up well.
  7. uitar99

Telling people what you do for work.

Its usually as a walk on with other walk ons so I tell them I am a commercial banker. Then I tell them: A banker and a lawyer stand on the roof edge of a tall building. They both step off at the same time. Who hits the ground first? Who cares. You can insert the usual white collar title of...
  8. uitar99

Private Club Feature or Bug?

While lack of directional signage was annoying, I once attended a private club as a guest and they had no signage for either the ladies or gents locker rooms. I picked wrong and walked in on two gals in their 70's who were thrilled I had picked incorrectly. For that kind of coin, including...
  9. uitar99

The 60 and over Thread

A bit of a later start this year. Rarely out before mid April. I usually hang it up mid October The reality of living north of the wall. Only if we tell you about it, in person.
  10. uitar99

Do you wear sandals when you travel?

Once the warm weather starts, the Keen sandals go on and stay on until it gets to freaking cold.
  11. uitar99

The 60 and over Thread

Yup. Got 9 in tonight. Brought my toque and wool gloves as it was a little cool. Got the 9 in before the rain started. My goal is always bogey. I was three over my par for a 48. Duffed three short pitches that gave me doubles. Just looked outside. We got an inch of heavy white stuff down. The...
  12. uitar99

What did you shoot today?

Caught my self adding a club to the bag on Saturday morning, before going out for the first 18 of the season. Decided not to. Stick with the 9 clubs I have. Saturday was interesting. Managed to hit three par 4 's I normally don't reach in two. Made me realize, adding one slightly longer club...
  13. uitar99

The 60 and over Thread

Managed two 9's and an 18 last week, for our first week out. Just heard we have a special weather statement with up to 25 cms of snow expected by Thursday morning. Hopefully I'll get out for 9 tonight.
  14. uitar99

The 60 and over Thread

My wife and I were out for our first 18 of the season together yesterday. A local par 68 muni. I usually shoot 75-85, my wife 85 to 95 We occasionally talk about ball setup position, but yesterday, after hitting a ball to the left of the green, she looked at the club face and said, "I hit it...
  15. uitar99

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

I am not a financial adviser, rather a long time commercial banker. I'm also a DIY investor and a very conservative personality. I lucked out, the companies I worked for all have great saving programs. I put in a dollar, they put in $0.50. They pay it our annually in publicly traded shares...
Back