Recent content by TxAggie2018

1. TxAggie2018

Arccos Golf stats on Scratch vs 20 handicap

Same ol', same ol. This statistical analysis has been done years ago. Driving distance and iron accuracy are king for scoring. putting is basically a crapshoot, and wedges only come into play if you missed the green to begin with.
  2. TxAggie2018

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

Course management splits along skill levels, IMO. The plus and minus scores in golf are unevenly divided. It's easier to shoot really badly on a hole than it is to shoot really well. Triple bogeys have happened to everyone, but you can't score a triple birdie to even things out. Low caps have...
  3. TxAggie2018

Are there any signs?

Is it cheating to count warmup buckets? Some days, I will just hit a dozen balls out of my basket, know I've "got the swing" that day, and leave the rest as freebies for someone else.
  4. TxAggie2018

High swing speed but no spin ball

The Chrome Softs are really low spinners. It might also be worth just grabbing a Noodle or Supersoft out of the woods and trying that for a round. The 2 piece cheapie balls are almost all engineered to be very low-spin, so one of those could give you a quick check if a low-spin ball would...
  5. TxAggie2018

Hit Instict any solutions

Couple other tips I found doing that line-in-the-bunker low point exercise.... Choking down on clubs really helps. I choke down 2 inches if not more on all my clubs. And pre-setting weight on my left foot at setup helps me get back there on the downswing. Try a before-and-after with those on...
  6. TxAggie2018

Hey Folks, Tell Me About Spin...

Pulling the ball back is the max-spin scenario. You need to have everything line up to make that happen. -Wedge or short iron -High-spin premium ball -Clean grooves -Soft green -Lots of ball speed
  7. TxAggie2018

Hit Instict any solutions

I try to hit 2 inches in front of the ball. When I was on "funemployment" from October to December last year, I pretty much rebuilt my swing by just hitting about 100 chip shots a day for 2 months. I just kept at it until I started making consistent solid contact. Eventually, I found the best...
  8. TxAggie2018

When was your last shank?

About 6 months ago. Some foot powder spray showed me that I tend to hit the ball on the toe side of my irons. So I tried cheating the ball inside towards the hosel at address. I caught a couple shots pure, but then the shanks snuck in, and they made it 100% not worthwhile.
  9. TxAggie2018

Not adjusted to hybrid life.

I will echo what others have said... you hit a hybrid the same way you'd hit a 7 iron. They are pretty long and pretty upright vs the equivalent iron, and that might be throwing you off. Try taking a couple half-swings on grass to find where the low point is.
  10. TxAggie2018

Back Issues and Golf

It's kind of back pain, but golf irritates my piriformis. It's a muscle that connects your spine to your hip, and you feel it sort of between the base of your spine and your butt cheek. Inflaming it can pinch the sciatic nerve, and that's where things get fun. I can't load weight on the leg with...
  11. TxAggie2018

How Strong Is Your Grip?

Pretty weak... the Vs on my hands point towards my right eye. My miss on everything is a block right, but strengthening my grip leads to a steady stream of snap-lefts.
  12. TxAggie2018

The Mini Driver

As a mini driver evangelist, I genuinely think a lot of casual players would genuinely be happier with some flavor of short, high-lofted driver. The problem is that distance is what sells woods.
  13. TxAggie2018

How consistent are your golf balls?

How much inaccuracy does a bad golf ball really contribute? Maybe an extra 1-2 yards on a low-spin flier? If I have a 20 yard x 20 yard green in front of me, and I'm going at it with a 7 iron, I've got at least a coin flip chance of missing that sucker entirely.
  14. TxAggie2018

Which Ball Would You Play?

Ball #1 easy. It's almost a half-club longer and has a better dispersion.
Back