Recent content by TurboStang

1. TurboStang

I finally did it...

And does it ever feel good. (I'm Chris on the scorecard btw)
  2. TurboStang

How low did you go on your own?

For those of you who have never taken lessons, or before you took lessons, how low are / were you able to consistently score? I feel as though I've hit a platueau in the 84-90 range, with occasional let downs up into the mid90's. I discovered Shawn Clement on youtube, and that has helped with...
  3. TurboStang

Using metal polish on irons...

Anyone else ever done this? Not on the face of course, but the club soles? Since playing several rounds on the highly polished Nike Machspeeds, they'd lost much of their bag candy lustre. While cleaning them tonight for tomorrow mornings round, the influence of some of Kentucky's finest...
  4. TurboStang

She's Alive!!

Been a long two years on the build, but the new motor / turbo combo is finally back together and running. :banana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqCocjYr8uU
  5. TurboStang

I had "One of those days"...

Most of last year and all of this year, I'd been playing fairly well by my standards, hanging around 85-90. Made it my goal to break 80 in 2010, so I joined a club and even bought some new irons this past weekend (Nike Machspeed SQ). I was anxious to get out and play with the new sticks, so I...
  6. TurboStang

My son at our new club...

Joined a local country club yesterday, and after all the Easter festivities today, I took my 4-year old out there to play around on one of the practice greens. Had my camera in the truck from the days family get togethers, so I brought it with us to capture his first time ever actually being at...
  7. TurboStang

Country Club...help me decide.

Each spring for the last several years, I have heavily considered joining one of my area country clubs. Needless to say, I've managed to talk myself out of it each year, and the reasons always seems to be the same. 1) I don't want to feel restricted to playing one course due to the amount...
  8. TurboStang

Interlock to Overlap veterans, please come in...

I've been experiencing some pretty severe pinky pain, so I'm considering switching from my current interlock grip, to the overlap. I have never used anything other than the interlock, but I tried gripping a club last night with the overlap, and it felt quite comfortable. My questions for those...
  9. TurboStang

Bought a new driver without trying it first...

And I couldn't be happier. I'm right handed, but play golf left handed, so sometimes finding specific clubs can be a chore. I found one lefty Cleveland HiBore Monster in the entire city of Louisville. After reading numerous reviews, most of which raved about it, I had to go try it out. Went to...
  10. TurboStang

Asics Gelace shoes...

Hopefullly this isn't a re-post, but I did a search, and couldn't find any info on here about Asics Gelace golf shoes? I hadn't seen these until yesterday, and was curious if anyone has any experience with them (comfort, stability, etc.) I'm a big fan of their running shoes, and honestly...
  11. TurboStang

Hello from the Bluegrass State.

Great site you have here. Ran across it while searching for some golf equipment reviews. I've never been a member of a golf message forum, so I figured I'd make this my first one. Looking forward to being here.
Back