Recent content by This Guy

1. This Guy

Question for the bigger golfers

I am 6'2" 260 lbs(down from 440 lbs) and I have made it my resolution to walk every round I play this year. So far I have played 2 rounds, and love walking it because it tends to keep me focused. However, my footjoys are just not that comfortable for walking that much. So now I am in the market...
  2. This Guy

Random encounters on the course?

Saturday we were playing and our 4th had come down with the flu. So they told us to just go ahead as 3. We were on the 8th tee box waiting with the guy who was in front of us. He was wearing a kilt. In 40 degree weather. He told us that he was solo, so I told him at the turn I would ask the...
  3. This Guy

Time for a new wedge. Recommendations?

My trusty wedge met its unfortunate demise today, meeting a rock that was hidden under the grass. Shaft is bent, face is messed up pretty bad. I was wondering what everyone is swinging? What should I be looking for? Sent from my taco using Tapatalk
  4. This Guy

Ambidextrous golfer question

I am ambidextrous. I play all my irons right handed but prefer to putt left handed. I picked up a left handed driver and swinging it, I feel I have more control from the left side with the driver. What is the opinion of carrying both a left and right handed driver in the bag? Sent from my taco...
  5. This Guy

Thinking about buying my gf some clubs. Any recommendations?

Well, she informed me tonight that she would try it out and take some lessons if I bought her some clubs. I know I have a small fortune invested in my bag, and don't really know what to look for in women's clubs. She is very short(5'0") and I'm just kinda trying to find someone who has been...
  6. This Guy

Trouble with hybrids

Hi all. Im having serious issues hitting my hybrids. For some reason my old long irons(2,3,&4) seem to work alot better for me, but it seems everything is going to hybrids so I guess Im going to have to learn to hit them. I hit roughly 300 balls at the range sunday using only my hybrids, and i...
  7. This Guy

New guy from TN

Just thought Id introduce myself and say hi. Accidentally found this site and decided to register and join the community. Im 27, own 2 companys, and Ive always enjoyed golf, but it took a backseat the last couple of years due to health concerns( 14 screws in the foot ) and after losing 155 lbs...
Back