Recent content by Superscroll

1. S

Any Toyota/Lexus Die-Hards Here?

spent almost two decades driving Toyota pickups. had a celica as a teenager and wife currently drives a sequoia. that said the new Tundra lost me forever. tried to buy the last of the v8s when the new turbo 6 model was introduced but dealers figured the game out quickly and were not willing...
  2. S

Hanging It Up

Gosh between the incredible greens fees (I paid $85 once to play a well known course with my son and winced while doing it) and suggestions that indoor golf is anything remotely resembling real golf this thread is just depressing. Truly do feel badly for OP. Getting into my 50's I'm starting...
  3. S

Too many balls?

Kind of a sad morning for me. Read this thread and thought surely I must have 8 or 10 dz of my current favs in the garage. Went out to take a look and revel in not having to buy any balls this year and met with despair. Maybe 1.5doz used ProV's my neighbor gave me, two dozen Maxfli Tour, and...
  4. S

Who is the best YouTube instructor? And why is it Danny Maude?

Maude fan as well. In part because of the less obnoxious presentation. Cogorno seems to make sense as well. I have been finding though that I'm best served by taking maybe one concept and working on it a bit vs. trying to rebuild everything based on a bunch of videos. Have seen one or two...
  5. S

Have the fans at the WM taken it too far?

Agree with this for sure. Broadcasters were practically asking for more stupidity throughout. 'Oh look at how relevant golf is now, such a fun crowd!'.
  6. S

Are you a solo,or must be a in group golfer?

Very much enjoy golf by myself. I enjoy others company if it's my son when he's home from school or a few friends who golf regularly. Definitely not into the bro-golf thing.
  7. S

it's o.k. that golf is not football

Agree for sure. I think the big difference here is golf viewers watch because they also play. So it's like 'damn I had that same distance and lie just yesterday'. You see a guy in one of those insanely deep bunkers on a links course and think 'oh **** no way I could get out of that'...
  8. S

The best part is after they cut sandman off and 60,000 people sing the chorus one last time. It will make your soul tingle.
  9. S

Echico maybe try a VT football game if you're ever in Blacksburg on game day. Total blast from tailgating to one of the most iconic entrances in sports to a very fired up crowd on every down. Re golf on TV I enjoy watching the bigger events if the coverage is well done. I'm probably in the...
  10. S

TaylorMade year of the dragon

Cool packaging. Really cool script. Dragons on the ball itself are kinda meh. Shoulda been one dragon with the tail all around.
  11. S

Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

at 96mph 7i I think you could swing a ball retriever with a flattened soda can on the end and get nice yardage.
  12. S

Single Greatest Sandwich Ever

Because of the no bagel clause I’ll go with the hot roast beef at Anthony’s in OC Md. owner sold not long back so not sure if it is still the best. Simple and fantastic and cut to order.
  13. S

Cause to Pause on the purchase of those new Irons?

You’re brand new ‘high loft’ irons. Right?
  14. S

What is your motivation for playing golf…???

the walk, the challenge to improve and the acres of perfectly manicured grass.
  15. S

Three best words in golf

bifurcated roll back
Back