Recent content by slide13

1. S

Adam Scott's new Miura Irons

Those look so good! That's about as good looking a set of irons as I have ever seen. I like the Miura logo on the sole
  2. S

Favorite Wedge Ever?

Miura 1957 C grind 55 bent to 56* with DG S300 shaft. Built for me by Usher Golf as part of my minimalist set along with 4/6/8/P CB57s. I love this wedge! In part I think because I've spent more time hitting it than any other club probably. Lot of practice time and it's used for almost all...
  3. S

<14 - short/half set "minimalist" golfers

You know, I don't think I've owned a 5 wood in like 20 years but I've kinda been thinking that is something I should check out at some point.
  4. S

I've found I do pretty good skipping the odd irons. A choked down easy swing on the longer iron usually gets me where I need to go. Dropping below 9 for me has been the time I started to see some serious trade offs. I tried 7 clubs for a while, using a strong 3 wood as my only club longer...
  5. S

Hey now, 913 is solidly in this century....not this decade, but at least this century, haha! But yeah, I plan to check out the TSRs this spring probably or maybe find a deal on a TSi3...maybe
  6. S

I know the whole "minimalist" golf, short set/half set thing isn't for everyone. Some people don't see any logic in going with less than 14 clubs, especially significantly less, and I totally get that perspective. But, for some of us, playing with a smaller set simplifies things in a lovely...
  7. S

upcoming new course - come as you are?...or range up ?

If there’s time I like to hit about 5-10 balls on the range. A few sand wedges, then a drive or two, then a few more wedges. If the drives were good then game on, if not then I’m likely pulling 3w or 4i on the first tee if it’s a viable option.
  8. S

The Half Set Challenge

2 years for me now. I use 7-9 clubs but most often 8. First year I played probably 85% this way, last year I think I played with a full bag twice, both scrambles. My scores really aren’t any different with the half set. Last year I even purchased a dedicated half set of irons, 4/6/8/P only...
  9. S

CONTEST The Mizuno Experience: Win a Free Trip, Clubs and More

Sounds like a dream come true, I’m in!
Back