Recent content by siagrove

1. siagrove

Took my wife to the range today and....

she putts like a demon. I couldn't believe my eyes. Its the ugliest 'stroke' I've ever seen, its more like a low swing. Arms and legs and hips and head everywhere. But it goes in the hole. She was making 8/10 from 3ft, 5/10 from 6ft, downhill breakers from 10ft and lagging long ones inside 3ft...
  2. siagrove

Putter Lounge fb

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Putter-Lounge/102621369774829 Putter Lounge Quote "‎4 more fans until 2K Fans! Safe to say there is a Facebook give away in the works..." A THP member directed me to this place so hopefully one of us might score whatever it is they are giving up.
  3. siagrove

Masters 2012

Looking for some advice on where I might watch the Masters next year in San Francisco. I'm travelling from Australia for 4 weeks and I'll be in SF on sunday. Any help appreciated.
  4. siagrove

KBS Presidents Cup

KBS Shafts are running a comp on their facebook page where they ask you to comment on the matches for the day who you pick to win/ halve. They're giving up a set of wedge shafts to anyone who can get the whole session picks correct. I got 5/6 today.
  5. siagrove

Callaway Ultimate RAZR X Golf Shot - $50 000

http://www.believeinyourevolution.com.au/ The Promotion is only open to legal residents of Australia who have attained the age of 18 in their territory of residence on or before the expiry of the Promotion Period.
  6. siagrove

Class of 2011

With so many winners on the main tour this year that graduated from the Nationwide Tour (Vegas, Steele, Stallings, Bradley), does anyone have an idea of who might be one to watch in 2012 from the 25 that go up this time round? My tip is Mr Nitties, assuming he can hold on to his spot (19 at the...
  7. siagrove

Canberra AUSTRALIA demo day

Hello fellow Canberran THPers My home club, Gold Creek Country Club in North Canberra is hosting a Demo day in a few weeks. See the flyer below for more info. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=268373646521295 Cheers, siagrove SEE THIRD POST
  8. siagrove

Shaft kick point

What is a shaft kick point? Printed on the shafts of my hybrids is "Mid-low kick" I assume this means that where the shaft flexes most would be about 2/3 the way down towards the head. Can someone explain what this means in lay terms and also in relation to ball flight height, launch angle...
  9. siagrove

Pace on the green

My game has steadily been on the imrove for the 2.5 years I've been playing but there is one thing that can really knock my confidence - getting the length right on my putts. On a good day I won't have a three putt inside 25-30ft, but on a bad day, well, lets just say it gets ugly. I'm pretty...
  10. siagrove

The painted white thing

I've caught the bug and want a white putter. Problem is I don't want to let go of my Odyssey TriHot #3. Anyone out there that could provide some pointers so as I can do it myself? Cheers Hackers
  11. siagrove

Winning

Any tips out there for playing the final round from 3 in front of your nearest competitor? My number is up tomorrow.
  12. siagrove

Gday

Gday all, new to the game, been slaving away for about 8 months now. ADDICTED. New to the forum too, looks the goods. Cheers.
Back