Recent content by ShanksaloT

1. ShanksaloT

Unsolicited gold advice- what’s your stance

I’ll never give it on course and only give it if we’re having a few beers post round and he says what they were struggling with and preface it with saying “this is what I saw and might help”
  2. ShanksaloT

Are Sunglasses Optional?

I have very light blue eyes so I must wear sunglasses otherwise I squint and tear up. So they are a must for me.
  3. ShanksaloT

Driver fitting: Club Champion? True Spec? PGASS? GG?

I just did the “tour van experience” at PGA superstore and came away very impressed. The fitter took my baselines and found a combo that was a mix of slightly more distance but much better dispersion for my irons. They also did their best to find a shaft comparable to the one I was using since...
  4. ShanksaloT

off the course do you wear golf logo hats and shirts?

Yes - 80% of my wardrobe is golf shirts/pullovers/belts lol. Hats I have a variety but primarily they are golf related.
  5. ShanksaloT

Do You Use a Scorecard Holder?

Yes I do considering I work 90% of my rounds now. One side I use a yardage book/pin sheet and the other for the scorecard.
  6. ShanksaloT

2024 Titleist AVX Golf Balls

I switched to Taylormade TP5 several years ago when the ProV1 crested $45/dozen. When the price matched both 2ish years ago I signed up for the subscription model saving about 7ish/dozen. Now, I was gifted a dozen AVX by my team for Christmas and put it in play a few weeks ago and all I can...
  7. ShanksaloT

Callaway Paradym Drivers

So the last few rounds the TD has been hooking on me. However I now have adjusted my ball position to slightly more center and not only has it straightened out but the ball Flight is alot flatter for me. Hit bombs which I normally would see mid season for me. Very happy with this club Sent from...
  8. ShanksaloT

Which Ball Would You Play?

Ball #1 for me - not just becasue of distance but because it has more consistency and better dispersion...
  9. ShanksaloT

what's the last thing you lost at the course?

2019 Bethpage PGA Championship winter hat.
  10. ShanksaloT

TaylorMade Copper Edition P770 & P790

4 things: 1. I have the 2017 p790s so I believe these will be an upgrade for me I terms of performance and forgiveness.... I dont need new irons but my bday is coming up :) 2. It says on their website that the copper finish is designed to age over time... I doubt it will turn green like a...
  11. ShanksaloT

I turned down a Masters ticket-am I crazy?

I would never turn down a free ticket to Augusta... but then again, I have never been....
  12. ShanksaloT

Best Logo in Golf?

Course Logo: Player Logo: Company Logo:
  13. ShanksaloT

Brand Talk: What comes to mind when you think of PING?

I think the best stand bag (hoofer) ever created.... when I was a looper, we used to call bags that felt light "ping bags" regardless if it was a Ping bag or not... I then think of a golf tech company that has been surpassed; they were the originators I feel of customization in terms of fitting...
Back