Recent content by Seamus MacDuff

1. Seamus MacDuff

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Hadnt planned any golf stuff today as its my birthday and I spent most of it with family. The wife came through though with a gift card for GolfTown and a little edible golf ball on my cupcake. My youngest daughter, who is seven, wrote a book to me which includes a picture of us golfing together.
  2. Seamus MacDuff

TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

I think the constant loft change and disparity among companies has become an unnecessarily confusing aspect of the game, and I'm not sure you'd find this in any other sport. Combine that with the mix of angles on woods, hybrids and these fat long irons that fit neither category, and I...
  3. Seamus MacDuff

Up and Downs - How do you rate?

The stats in golfshot really help me know where to work on my game. The other day my eyes double-opened widely when I saw my scrambling for a round over 60%. As you can see below its normally less. Good, but half as good. 8 one puts and 2 chip ins will do that!
  4. Seamus MacDuff

Goals for the 2013 season

Good thread idea ... in fact I hadn't thought about this as of yet because I was just breaking two of my 2012 goals in the past week (break 80 and a course handicap at my home course under 12) For 2013 I want to: 1.) Write a little e-book on my putting method to help people with the yips and...
  5. Seamus MacDuff

what part of your game are you working on?

Same here. This kinda says it all for me:
  6. Seamus MacDuff

Your best putter and why?

I use a left handed Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom. Honestly, it's one of the weirdest looking putter heads out there, and my friends always call it "Johnny 5" after the robot in Short Circuit. I have a Winn Jumbo pistol grip on it that I have on all my putters. The first time I picked...
  7. Seamus MacDuff

What Handicap Do you Give each team in a two man scramble

Obviously when playing two man scramble the scores can be very low. Two twelve handicappers will generally play damn close to par ... So, when playing against a bunch of teams in this format, whats a fair way to calculate? One of my friends says 60% of the high handicapper on the team and 40%...
  8. Seamus MacDuff

What did you shoot today?

Tied my PB today, with a 76 ... This one won't count on my official cap as we're into winter handicaps, but it had 2 chipins, 2 nasty 3 putts and a beauty 33 foot putt on hole 18 for a bird. 4 days ago I has never broke 80, then two 76s in a week. Lovely.
  9. Seamus MacDuff

Washington State Golf Trip ideas

I'm looking for ideas on courses/areas for a 4 day golf trip in Washington State. We'll probably have 20 guys, give or take 4 and normally go to the Okanagan region of BC, but are thinking of changing it up this year. We don't want a big city experience, but do want an area where there's at...
  10. Seamus MacDuff

Cheers from a Coquitlam, BC golf addict

I'be been reading this forum for a while but for some reason never took the time to join. I suppose that was because often I'd get here when searching for a specific equipment review or strategy question (pin in or out!?), then see 200 pages on the topic (RBZ irons anyone) and feel like I'd...
Back