Recent content by olvr_vrmr

1. olvr_vrmr

Difference between "short" irons and "long" irons giving me grief...

Difference between "short" irons and "long" irons giving me grief... Since my last lesson, I'm actually quite happy with how I swing the club, but there's one thing that's been bugging me a lot: With every club from 7I down to LW I hit it straight, sometimes a nice draw and decent distance...
  2. olvr_vrmr

Make this a tougher hole?

The "What is the best way to make a golf course difficult" thread got me thinking... This is the 11th at the CC where I'm a member, a 290 yard par 4 (widest part: 50y, narrowest part on the green: 10y), lined with water on the right, trees and OB on the left. The teeing area is quite narrow...
  3. olvr_vrmr

How do handicapping systems compare to eachother?

In what way can you compare, for example, an EGA handicap to a GHIN handicap? is a hcp 18 in GHIN better or worse than a hcp 18 in EGA or CONGU? I know, for example, that only official (qualifying) rounds are counted in an EGA handicap. These rounds are usually competitions organised by the...
  4. olvr_vrmr

What's New In The Closet & Apparel Pondering

These dropped in the mail today... Early birthday present...
  5. olvr_vrmr

Am I playing the right irons?

I know this is a question that is subject to heavy discussion and personal opinion. Right now, I'm playing off a 43 handicap, shooting about 55-57 on the par 36 front 9 at our club. I have a set of Mizuno MX-23 forged irons but sometimes I feel I'm hurting my scores with them. Could I benefit...
  6. olvr_vrmr

What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today?

My 3 new puppies... Mizuno MP-T11 60/08 Taylormade FCT Rescue 18* Callaway Razr Fit 3W
  7. olvr_vrmr

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Practicing short chip shots into an umbrella in my backyard for about an hour...
  8. olvr_vrmr

New to the site

Hi there! My name is Olivier and I hail from Belgium. I got into the great and addictive game of golf in May this year and seem to be hooked. Got a few lessons when I first started and now I'm looking for some more by another pro. I've read a bit on the site and hope to make a small...
Back