Recent content by nostatic

1. nostatic

Best 3 Wood of 2024

Cleveland HyWood 3+. I got mine with a bit heavier shaft than stock, and the thing is easy to hit and goes straight. I bought it before getting fitted, and when I went in for a fairway fitting nothing beat it - tried Darkspeed, G430Max, AI Smoke, and even Cleveland's regular 3W. The HyWood was...
  2. nostatic

2024 Titleist Vokey SM10 Review

Played my first round (well, 9 holes) in almost 3 years yesterday. I had no idea how things were going to go as I've been rebuilding the swing at the range the last couple months and doing a fair amount of pitching/chipping. First hole I hit a perfect drive, then a near perfect 9i to about 8'...
  3. nostatic

driving layup club?

WIldcard suggestion - Cleveland HyWood. I have the 3+ which is 17* but shaft is in-between fairway and hybrid length. I find it easy to hit off the deck and it goes straight.
  4. nostatic

This is good to hear. I prefer it when a builder (of most anything) doubles down on what they do best and doesn't try to expand into related products.
  5. nostatic

Would you get work done on your clubs at Dick's Sporting Goods??

as a point of reference, I commute one day a week into the office - 150 miles (2.5-3.5 hours depending on traffic) each way. I'd spend the extra 20 minutes in the car to get it done right, ymmv.
  6. nostatic

In my case another factor is likely the shaft. The ZX5 is Dart 65, the Vokey is Tensei Blue AM2 which is probably closer to 85g. I think the extra weight helps me time it better. Or I’m just getting lucky - as they say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again…
  7. nostatic

Finding the same - have been hitting it back to back against the ZX5mk2 AW and find my distance more consistent with the Vokey on full swings (and a tad longer which surprised me), and can flight it high or low. Also works well for nipping the grass for bumps, great club.
  8. nostatic

SGI/GI vs practice

I think my problem is what I can stand to look at is getting more svelte. Or I have danced too many times to The Masochism Tango…
  9. nostatic

SGI/GI vs practice

Plenty of threads around the theory about blades being useful for improving iron striking. Curious what folks think about the broader related topic around practice time. Certainly there is truth (at least in my experience) that money is often better spent on lessons than new clubs, but that also...
  10. nostatic

My previous lob was a Glide 2 Eye2 grind which is high toe and kind of an odd bounce (a bit concave at the bottom). When I first got the 60M I struggled at the practice green - a few shanks, some thins, some fats. I was kinda all over the place. In the past I would have likely binned the club...
  11. nostatic

Cleveland Halo XL Fairway Review

I have the Tensei Blue 55g in my HyWood and I like it a lot. Also was fit into driver with the same shaft, and have an XL 6H (and TSR2 7W coming) with the 65g version. Fwiw I have never cared for any Cypher I’ve hit. For whatever reason the blue profile works for me, totally ymmv
  12. nostatic

2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

After a couple of range sessions I ordered up the T150 9i, will see how that fares. Gapping should be good with T150 in 9-PW and ZX5mk2 in 7-8i, but if the 9i works maybe I'll keep going. I've been really happy with the ZX5 and assumed the T150 would be harder to hit and penalize me more but not...
  13. nostatic

What are your wedges of choice?

low end of the bag now filled out. The 54 is bent 1* weak making it essentially a 55.13D.
  14. nostatic

When I went to my fitting I brought my Glide4-56 Eye2 as that was my SW. He picked it up and said, "I don't understand how people can swing a head this light." He didn't use the word "ugly" so I figure he was being measured in his response 🙃
  15. nostatic

My main changes so far are all with the 60M. First is trusting that around the green more and with full/near-full swings (I used to just use it when I needed to fly something). And second is using it from the sand - that was suggested by the Titleist fitter and previously I would have rolled my...
Back