Recent content by Mr. Grumpy

1. Mr. Grumpy

Many are asking about rules: Test yourself!

I put this together for my team (removed some that are team specific). It was originally passed to me by our states Athletic Ass., originally from Bob Austin, Kent Denver High School Boys Golf Coach. All Questions – INDIVIDUAL STROKE PLAY I have done my best to edit and keep track of answers...
  2. Mr. Grumpy

Help with shaft/head to curb high launch and back spin

I had an informal fitting for a driver tonight. I have a G2 with Grafalloy Bule S. I was not fit for this years ago, definitely not the norm then. My misses are right which I am correcting now, but I am still getting high launch and back spin numbers. I know the blue is a high launch shaft...
  3. Mr. Grumpy

I have gaps, help me out..

I have huge gaps in my bag and i need help. After yesterday's depressing 99 I have lost all confidence in knowing the options. This was a longer course, but not terribly so and I found myself between clubs or not enough club on every hole. Right now I have a 60, 5-PW and a driver. I do have a...
  4. Mr. Grumpy

I was in a Golf Sandwich today and I was uncomfortable

Went to the little driving range today. I say little because it is at the Little House which has a little par 3 course, kinka like those cute little travel sized deodorants, but I digress. Anyway, I went to practice the swing drills from a lesson last week. I was comfortably hitting balls when...
  5. Mr. Grumpy

Ashworth Cardiff's after 1 month

I was in need of a new pair of golf shoes and thought that I would give the street/spikeless style a go. Of all the new and expanding options, I chose the Cardiff's because of price, not that I don't think they are worth the money, they are, but a teacher budget means I need to pick from my...
  6. Mr. Grumpy

HS Coaching: Days like Today

Writing my summary of todays tournament for parents and faculty, I was inspired to share here as well. I have had a lot of fabulous experiences coaching golf over the last 10 years, not all as the head coach, and today was another one of those fabulous experiences.... We participated in our...
Back