MonroeBob1955's latest activity

• M
    MonroeBob1955 replied to the thread The 60 and over Thread.
    Have a 9:00 tee time this morning. We have sun out. Good thing because we got like 1.5” of rain yesterday. Going to be a sloppy mess out...
  • M
    MonroeBob1955 reacted to stryper's post in the thread The 60 and over Thread with Like Like.
    Old man dunked one today…108 yds, 9 iron, thought to myself when I hit it, that’s a really nice shot. Of course, since my eyesight...
  • M
    MonroeBob1955 reacted to scott.french3's post in the thread The 60 and over Thread with Like Like.
    I retired 2 weeks ago. I have been using my time to hit the gym more and practice golf. My short game is coming around. Getting more...
  • M
    Have hit a friends DCB’s and they are very nice. I also play GI clubs. 0211s. Do they help? Oh yes. Well my brain says so. Yet a few...
  • M
    You are correct in that course management is as important if not more important than any other aspect of the game. Take out the big...
  • M
    MonroeBob1955 reacted to charley48's post in the thread The 60 and over Thread with Like Like.
    Reminds me of a round I played back in the 80's. 3 of us were in our 30's. A guy in his mid 70's was a single so he was paired with...
  • M
    Oh yes. I think we’ve all met and played with individuals like that. Attitude. Or outlook. An activity or sport meant for enjoyment...
  • M
    MonroeBob1955 reacted to JonMA1's post in the thread The 60 and over Thread with Like Like.
    That's the right mindset, Bob. And I 100% understand the logic of it even if I have trouble practicing it. Long story warning.. Last...
  • M
    MonroeBob1955 reacted to DataDude's post in the thread House Value vs. Property Taxes. with Like Like.
    Funny anecdote from my parents early marriage years. They had a couple who they went to dinner and whatnot with and the lady got in the...
  • M
    MonroeBob1955 replied to the thread Finally broke 100.
    A massive milestone for you. Wonderful!!! And yes, onto 90. And based on your 44 front nine, you may find that sooner as opposed to...
  • M
    That is the exact reason I moved back to the whites. To improve my woods and hybrids. And it has worked, for me anyways. Long ago I...
  • M
    MonroeBob1955 replied to the thread Best 3 Wood of 2024.
    I was at Edwin watts two weeks ago looking at the same thing. After trying several 3 woods, found a Paradym + 3HL (4 wood) in the used...
  • M
    Gone are the days of long irons in the bag. As we’ve gotten older, we sometimes gain a little wisdom and start replacing those clubs...
  • M
    Congratulations!! As many of us know, this is a major lifestyle change and settling in on your retired life does take time. Sometimes a...
  • M
    Personally, I concur with set gap wedge. For me, the GW is just the next progression down from my PW, whereas the PW is 100 yards and GW...
Back