Recent content by mav52

1. mav52

Expensive/Nicest/Craziest Thing Found On The Golf Course?

New iphone 15 Pro. Found on the 10 hole at our club. Turned it in when I my round was over.
  2. mav52

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

Just enjoy and have fun.
  3. mav52

Ever unable to watch the PGA due to incredibly irritating commercials? Or is this weekend the first?

Its like all network TV these days. There is an ever increasing amount of commercials. Where a posted 1 hr show is made up of 16-18 mins of commercial time. And ABC hit an avg in 2019 with 17.36 mins of commercials in one hour. And a lot of these adds are irritating and even repeats. And of...
  4. mav52

How much consideration do you give wedge shafts?

my Gap and PW match my irons, my 54 or 56 or 58 are a little heavier than my iron shafts, since these are more like full swing tools.
  5. mav52

*thump thump thump - "is this thing on?"

No clue since we don't know where you live, it could be better or it could be worst and no golf balls in the pool. Beer is always cold. :ROFLMAO:
  6. mav52

Official Golfing Weather Thread

Starting to get warm
  7. mav52

Mallet vs blade?

Been using a blade since 1968, why change. You use what you have confidence in, not what some pro is using.
  8. mav52

RIP Peter Oosterhuis

Very sad news.
  9. mav52

What are your wedges of choice?

A few Vokey and a few TM Milled Grind 3 at times fill out the bag depending on the course I play.
  10. mav52

What are you watching (No Spoilers)

At this minute , repeats of 'Roadkill Garage'
  11. mav52

Who is your sports villain…???

That tells ya how much I follow baseball :ROFLMAO:
  12. mav52

How can some states have such cheap memberships?

FLA memberships are total freaking crazy at some "clubs". You can purchase a fancy new car for some of the prices. But these are "private clubs". But what burns my tiddy whities, If you want to pay $50k PLUS for a golf membership which also seems to include every other membership plan offered...
  13. mav52

League Partners Giving Putts

Well, it depends. Playing local league tournaments, NOPE, NO, HELL NO. Case in point, most flighted league events consider your handicap, and I really don't think you had gimmes with you set your handicap;). . And then you have match play,; Conceded putts exist as an approved part of match...
  14. mav52

Whirlpool Dryer? Humidity of the South? Just dumb but bad Luck? WTF?

Sounds like a bad design of the dryer vent exhaust to the roof or where ever its going.
Back