Recent content by Matthew

1. Matthew

Do You Use a Scorecard Holder?

I do, a Gibbons with my brand stitched in, & use it every round.
  2. Matthew

How can some states have such cheap memberships?

Hadn't thought about traffic but maybe. All the FW clubs are higher end as a whole.
  3. Matthew

How can some states have such cheap memberships?

Kind of the same thought but when we lived in Dallas, they have a full range of private clubs from $1,500 to $200,000 initiation clubs but when we moved to Fort Worth (proper) the options are $40-150K. I found that a little odd.
  4. Matthew

Telling people what you do for work.

I don't lead with it but will if asked. I'm a sales guy, most of the population has no clue what it is I sell & I have no real desire to explain it.
  5. Matthew

Private Club Feature or Bug?

I'm certainly in that demographic. Our course has more Monday outings than I'd like to see & have expressed I'd pay more for fewer of them, especially after our renovation. Now, I'd prefer to lose my course for major tournaments, state or Monday qualifiers, prestigious amateur events & similar...
  6. Matthew

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

We sat down our Edward Jones guy a couple of weeks ago. Still a long way to go but we're getting there.
  7. Matthew

Invented a Cocktail?

That's an athlete here
  8. Matthew

When did The Masters become THE major?

When Clif decided it would be. It's not what it is today because of boards, it's still by & large what Clif envisioned. Almost everything was for the put together for the patrons. I don't think any other Major puts as much thought into what their viewers want as ANGC.
  9. Matthew

Shallowing Move?

Hook City, population me
  10. Matthew

Shallowing Move?

I don't have a move that I make, it just happens. Get the club to the top, turn the hips, the shoulders come with them & the club shallows.
  11. Matthew

Official Rant of the Day

Changing accounting systems, over a weekend, before a new fiscal year & not knowing how to invoice within the new accounting system. The joys of being a sales guy.
  12. Matthew

Are spiked shoes necessary anymore?

I tend to wiggle a lot & prefer soft spikes
  13. Matthew

Movies with short “time” spans?

Titanic maybe, at least the majority of the movie.
Back