Recent content by martybauer31

1. martybauer31

What are the signs of a bad Instructor?

Someone that continues to tell you to do the same thing over and over when it obviously isn't registering with the student and they tell you they don't understand. The inability to show or explain something in a different manner is a bad sign....
  2. martybauer31

Chipping on Green?

Looks like I'm going against the grain here, but hear me out.... if I'm on a green and my ball is in a spot where I can't putt directly at the pin, i.e. the course has deemed in their wisdom that they have placed a crazy bunker in the middle of the green or a horseshoe design or something else...
  3. martybauer31

How fancy are you?

I'll wear black jeans and a button up short sleeve shirt (tucked or untucked, I don't know), and I'll be pissed if someone else shows up in a t-shirt because it meant I could have shown up in a frickin' t-shirt, lol! If I know it's more formal, I'll have to go out and buy a sport coat, but I do...
  4. martybauer31

"Would you like to use the scorecard feature?"

Nope... I put it on TheGrint and scratch it out on a paper card as well.....
  5. martybauer31

Old Man shakes fist at sky; handicap posting as a single

Glad to see some common sense applies out here... I admittedly got myself a handicap so I could play at my local courses men's league, as they required it. I go out as a single quite a bit in the summer for some twilight rounds when it stays lighter out here in the Seattle area, more often than...
  6. martybauer31

Old Man shakes fist at sky; handicap posting as a single

That's super cool that you wrote your own app, I love it! I might be wrong, but I thought that 18Birdies gave you a handicap based on rounds entered as well, just food for thought.
  7. martybauer31

Best Road Trip Snack?

In our family, it's the following: Peanut M&M's Corn Nuts (Ranch) Twizzlers And if it's just me... those addicting peanut butter pretzels.
  8. martybauer31

Game improvement equipment ?

I'm way more accurate with them, swing away! 🙂
  9. martybauer31

What are your wedges of choice?

Cleveland Smart Sole and CBX2....
  10. martybauer31

Game improvement equipment ?

No experience around the drivers, but I swapped my wedges to the Cleveland smart sole and CBX wedges and they have changed my game for the better. A legitimate company making real clubs. I've converted a few friends after them seeing my short and sand game change for the better....
  11. martybauer31

IT guys - will a CISCO networking certificate get you anywhere?

One more lifelong IT guy of 20+ years to throw in an opinion.... I got started as an MCSE (NT 4.0 which dates me right?) after being laid off as an engineer from Boeing. I ended up getting hired as a low level IT guy at a company and got into data storage engineering and virtualization due to...
  12. martybauer31

Getting old sucks: Post your ailments

I had it years back and got rid of it with advice from a Dr. friend I used to play basketball with weekly..... 1. Don't walk around in your bare feet... ever. Get yourself a pair of house slippers/slides/whatever you want to call them with arch support. 2. If you have shoes older than a year or...
  13. martybauer31

Golf Simulator Equipment Needed For Garage

For quite a while before I got a projector, I just had a target I hung up on my net. I'd hit at the target, and look look over at the TV I had connected to my laptop/simulator and watch the flight there.
  14. martybauer31

Downswing Advice

Vertical drop, horizontal tug.....
  15. martybauer31

Where is your game?

It's a burning garbage fire... I'm taking way too long to recover from a basic knee cleanup at the end of the year, so my knee still hurts and I'm making all kinds of adjustments to try and play, and it's just bad. 😐
Back