Recent content by mantan

1. mantan

Last Concert You Attended?

It stopped down a division Teams call when it was revealed in a trivia fact game that I have never attended a concert in my life. Ever. I mean I've been a bar/restaurant with live music. Or a on a cruise ship where there was an act. But I've never gone to an actual concert. I love music...
  2. mantan

CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Quest Cup with Edel Golf

B&G!!!! Have a day, fellas! Gotta go Team Blake now!
  3. mantan

DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Play Bear Creek at twilight today. I was worried the perfect weather was going to mean the end of twilight. I was wrong. Hooked up with another dude and we played through 12 holes and under two hours. They were still another hour of daylight, but I needed to get home a little early. The one...
  4. mantan

CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Bag Boy Championship

Fun follow guys! I was only able to keep up through the front 9, look forward to reading the rest tonight!
  5. mantan

CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Bag Boy Championship

Combined shamble day!! Have a great day, guys!!
  6. mantan

How can some states have such cheap memberships?

Agree that overall supply and how it stacks up to current demand is still a huge factor. I was back in San Antonio for the WWGC and the following week to visit my mom. Despite having a great climate, the supply of good public golf courses is surprisingly low for a metro area with 2.5 million...
  7. mantan

SuperStroke buys Lamkin

Feels like the AOL buys Time Warner headline that seemed backwards.
  8. mantan

Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Not quite there....but one round after looking at my stats, I think the CT will be my ball. I only lost one ball from the test sleeve on Friday. So I still have the 2 dozen from the WWGC. And I'll use the gift card for another. And take advantage of the 4 for 3. But that leaves me 7 and I like...
  9. mantan

Whats your cars MPG?

I have a 2021 Acura TLX. I gets about 23 in the city, 31 on the highway, 26-27 combined. I keep hoping Acura will develop an hybrid TLX at some point, but sounds like they are going to new electric options on the Acura side of the Honda/Acura line.
  10. mantan

Can’t believe I liked the PXG

I went through a fitting at the PXG store about 18 months ago. It was a good experience, I really liked the fitter. I bought a Gen 5 0311 driver from them that I played for about 6 months before moving on. I liked the putter that I was using in the lobby so much that I ended up with one of...
  11. mantan

Are Sunglasses Optional?

When I used to wear contacts, I wore them more often. About 20 years after LASIK, my eyesight dropped to about 20/30. My optometrist said they could do a corrective procedure, but I'd need reading glasses after the procedure. She encouraged me to get a weak Rx that I could wear when I wanted...
  12. mantan

Pops

Really cool THPer than lives in Oklahoma and hangs out with @Jman.
  13. mantan

Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Spot on. I always thought when they said a ball was good in the wind that it meant it would minimize the impact of spin on shots into the wind. But if a ball can help you take a less club into a hole, that's significant.
Back