Recent content by mancest

1. mancest

What are the signs of a bad Instructor?

It was wild. I was trying to hit it to the right of the quad.
  2. mancest

Oh for sure. My golf swing was.... as my current instructor described it when I was not his student, he was just doing a consult, a "train wreck". I have learned that different is not bad. If it feels the same, it probably is the same and is going to get very similar results. In our first...
  3. mancest

SuperStroke buys Lamkin

Whoa.... I did not see that coming. I love Lamkin and hope they don't change the Sonar.... So Pure went away, Golf Pride is the largest, then superstroke has to be a very clear #2 right?
  4. mancest

Sure, but asking a 50 year old 18 handicap with a fused spine to do the same thing as a 2 handicap 16 year old who plays multiple sports tells me you don't give a crap about learning what your student can do and how to help them make a better golf swing.
  5. mancest

Signs of a bad instructor, which in this sense I am not saying they don't understand the golf swing, but not what I would be looking to work with: Someone who subscribes exclusively to 1 way of swinging the golf club. Not all of us can hit positions like Tiger, or hogan, so please be flexible...
  6. mancest

The Stack System

Had a solid workout monday, stack speed was up a couple mph. Today... my left hamstring is tight/sore and not fully functioning. Warmed up and did ok in the first few sets, but last two it went down hill. Not a terrible showing, but not the workout I was hoping for. Hopefully it rebounds and...
  7. mancest

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats you are Testing Bridgestone Golf Balls

This is going to be 1) a ton of fun and 2) a ridiculous amount of info.
  8. mancest

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats you are Testing Bridgestone Golf Balls

whoa!! That list is MASSIVE!!!!
  9. mancest

Jon Rahm no longer on Callaway website

I am guessing he is no longer under contract to represent them. Just like shaft companies mention they were in the winners bag on social media, but they don't provide photos/names. So likely a legal issue.
  10. mancest

Telling people what you do for work.

I work in Produce (mostly sales/distribution now) and used to export to SE Asia. I remember meeting my at the time girlfriends boss (who was quite high up at Merril Lynch) what I did and she paused, and replied, hmm, never would have though of that as a job. She was obviously a real delight.
  11. mancest

2023 Odyssey Versa Putters

I went through a bad stretch of putting (poor setup likely cause by a lingering injury) and messed around with some other putters, put this baby back in and don’t see it leaving anytime soon. Glad you are enjoying it as well.
  12. mancest

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Massive Bridgestone Testing

I am definitely in, play at least once a week and practice outdoors once per week (mostly short game putting for this instance) as well as getting on quad once per week. 1) I have been playing Chrome Soft X predominantly, but likely moving on to Chrome Tour or possibly Chrome Tour X in the...
  13. mancest

The Stack System

Very common thing. I have to be very mindful of how I generate speed. Quickest path for me is over the top... which doesn't translate real well to on course. I am contemplating taking some time off just to give my joints/ligaments a rest, golfers/tennis elbow in both arms is not going to go...
  14. mancest

How does you salary look compared to this?

So I need to go in and tell my bosses I need to be paid by the shot when I am on the golf couse..... and I take A LOT more shots than scotty....
  15. mancest

What Would You Name Utah’s Hockey Team?

Utah Yetis is perfection.
Back