Recent content by kkelley

1. K

Botched custom Ping order?

Hi All, So I ordered up a new Ping Karsten TR from Golfsmith a couple of weeks ago. I was excited to see the box at my door yesterday! After admiring my new club and rolling a few balls, I noticed that the shaft seemed a bit long. I had ordered a 34.5" shaft. After measuring it appears they...
  2. K

Does cutting down a putter shaft really "throw off the balance"?

I recently purchased a putter from one of the better known boutique brands. I love the new flat stick overall but now realize it needs to be an inch to an inch and half shorter in length. After reaching out to the rep, he is telling me it is just a 5 minute fix so I am assuming he is just...
  3. K

Maui in June?

I am going to Maui for the first time this June and definately want to play some golf. We are staying at Kaanapli. What would be the one "must play" course andy why? Thanks!!!
  4. K

Etiquette - who pays?

Hi All, I guess I should already know this but... If I invite someone to play at my private club should I be picking up the tab? What about a foursome? Thanks!!
  5. K

How do you store your clubs?

This is a similar but different question to "Where do you put your clubs?" that I see was asked earlier this year. For those of you that have some sort of rack or home built club storage system, I am curious how that is set-up and what options are out there. We have four golfers in my family...
  6. K

When is it time to move away from SGI Irons???

Hi All, Mid-way through last season I got back into the game after over a decade lay off. I purchased a set of TM Burner Plus irons (stock regular steel) at Golf Galaxy. My fitting was a little dissapointing as the "fitter" had me swing the 7 a few times with tape and on the board and said...
Back