Recent content by JZ777

1. JZ777

Do you wear sandals when you travel?

If have ever do am emergency evacuation from an airplane, the last you want to be wearing is sandals.
  2. JZ777

Telling people what you do for work.

If asked, I will tell (airline pilot). Once I do, i will get a ton of questions, so never offer up on my own. The most idiotic question is “are you afraid”. Simply moronic. Sometimes I like to reply “am terrified, but need to support my golf, booze and hooker habit”.
  3. JZ777

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Not sure if the TD is actually longer than the Ping since I feel like I can swing a little harder/faster with the TD since I know that my miss won’t be hooking 2 fairways over.
  4. JZ777

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

I am 60 and still 5 years away from mandatory retirement. Am still 99% in stocks with some ETFs sprinkled in. Talked with financial advisor at length about this and I think a lot has to do with how much you actually have. If our portfolio was half of what it is, I would be much more...
  5. JZ777

Last year - Ping G430 LST = 55% at 265 avg This year - Smoke TD = 62% at 272 avg Both with Ventus Blue 6x
  6. JZ777

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

Am 60 and the FAA mandates that airline pilots have to retire on our 65th birthday. No reason to leave before then. It’s a pretty good gig, only work 9 days a month (3 long haul international trips a month), pays the bills and then some. No one ever retires early from this scam. 😎 Also...
  7. JZ777

Fwiw, I had the Ping at 9 degrees and have the TD at 9 degrees set to 10 (fitter suggestion). Had the Ping with the Tour Black XS and Ventus Blue XS with the TD. The ping combo with that shaft was NOT forgiving at all. This TD combo is so easy to hit, it’s like a hitting a wedge. Have always...
  8. JZ777

Have been playing since was about 14 years old and am currently 59. This driver is by far the best driver have ever hit. 5 rounds with it so far and have not missed many fairways. The ones that have missed, all playable. Have never gone this long without a hard low screaming hook. The head...
  9. JZ777

Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

I thought the preorders started 1/24
  10. JZ777

Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

when did you order those before they arrived?
  11. JZ777

Post a picture of your day

Layover in Amsterdam
  12. JZ777

2024 Driver Market: Which One Do You Want?

Just pulled the trigger on a Cally TD with a Ventus Blue 6x and a TD 3w with Ventus blue 7x.
  13. JZ777

Count me in. Fitted for triple D with Ventus Blue 6x. Much tighter dispersion than current gamer. According to Garmin app, was at 267 yards with gamer for the season (and trackman as well). Last 2 days going head to head, the Callaway was about 278. The Ventus was much easier to launch as...
  14. JZ777

I hate golf

Maybe wouldn’t feel as bad if could walk without the chaffing right now. If going to chaff the boys, then maybe going into 17 at -3 and finishing even wouldn’t sting as much.
  15. JZ777

I hate golf

That’s crazy, we could of partnered up today and then hit each in the sac with a wedge in the parking lot before we left.
Back