Recent content by JonMA1

1. JonMA1

Inconsistency

I'm going with it being a mix of different things, but mostly a lack of ability. My expectations are relatively modest. I've been playing for about 13 years now and have become very aware of where my game is. During a given round, I know I will lose a ball or two. I'm probably going to 3-putt...
  2. JonMA1

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Practiced. Played 18. Practiced some more.
  3. JonMA1

The 60 and over Thread

Shot a 47/49 96 today that felt like it should have bene better. I've switched grips after 4 or so years of interlocking back to 10 finger. Tried out the new irons and for the most part, they performed ok. A couple of duffs, a couple GIR. They are definitely less forgiving than my previous set...
  4. JonMA1

All Rounds Should Be Four Hours or Less

Four hours is not fast nor is it slow. It’s a nice standard for everyone. For fast players , if the course is open in front by all means, play as fast as you want. If not, just don’t hit into anyone. For slower players, if no one is behind you, take your time and play as slow as you want. Just...
  5. JonMA1

All Rounds Should Be Four Hours or Less

This is why I've changed my opinion on pace the last few years. It's why I now believe that whatever the course sets as the standard should be acceptable - even as a relatively faster player. A couple years ago, I would get out first on a particular 9 hole course, blow through it the first time...
  6. JonMA1

The 60 and over Thread

Haven’t trimmed the others yet. But I struggle with any club in my hand. Lol.
  7. JonMA1

The 60 and over Thread

@BH 43 Did you get your new set of M890 irons yet. If so, how are you hitting them. I tested out my new 6i and unfortunately, I'm a little underwhelmed. I've never had trouble making decent contact with a club, but I struggled tonight. It might be that I haven't swung a club since last...
  8. JonMA1

The 60 and over Thread

I just built these tonight. Why the delay, you might ask? Somebody forgot to check their supply of 74PI ferrules. :dohanim: :ROFLMAO:
  9. JonMA1

What are you building? (Club style)

I just put together a 9i through 6i set. Went with the Maltby TS3 heads and FST 90 shafts. After the last several years with graphite iron shafts, I decided to try a lighter steel shaft just for grins. I'm also considering Cleveland CBX wedges for the 44° and 48° spots. They are nice looking...
  10. JonMA1

Ok , l’ll admit it , l’ve changed

I was given iron covers as a gift several years ago and felt obligated to use them. I never cared what anyone thought (besides, iron covers would be the least embarrassing thing about my game) , but they were kind of a pain in the neck. Eventually, I'd lose one, then another... it was kind of a...
  11. JonMA1

Really Good Range Session Question

Yes. I just enjoy the experience. I’m out there to get better or at least not get worse, but I also love getting into a groove and trying to figure out the reasons. It may not anyones definition of quality practice but I don’t really care. I spent too many years “practicing with a purpose” or...
  12. JonMA1

Lack Of Public Golf Options

I’m very lucky to have an abundance of courses at good rates. The short season is the only downside.
  13. JonMA1

The 60 and over Thread

That’ll make club selection a bit challenging.
  14. JonMA1

High Handicaps and Birdies: Your Reaction

I don’t think the average high capper gets 3 birdies in one round very often. I think the point is it happens enough to where it would be odd but not impossible. And as others have said, there are so many different ways to be terrible at golf. In 2017 I average 33% GIR while my index was around...
  15. JonMA1

Playing Too Fast??

No offense taken to anything you typed. I didn’t agree but I also wasn’t there. :drinks:
Back