Recent content by John Mc

1. J

Finally took up a membership at a Private course

A course local to me in Western Australia had a fantastic offer on so I've taken it up for my first ever membership at a private course. I've been unable to play since May due to a herniated L5/ S1 disc :angry: but I'm raring to do now! They were offering full membership for $500 until December...
  2. J

First lesson

I got a very good deal on a round of golf and a lesson at my local course. Today is the day I take that lesson. It will be my very first lesson so hopefully it will go well. I'll post back with my thoughts after the lesson. Cheers John
  3. J

Review my swing please

I went to the range today and got my wife to shoot a few videos of me taking some swings. I'm really looking for any tips and hints to make my swing better and more consistent. When I miss it's usually to the right with fade and every now and then a slice. Doesn't happen as often as it used to...
  4. J

Callaway Razr X Irons

I hit the 5 iron in a golf shop of this set today and thought it felt very nice to hit. Going to a different shop tomorrow that has a great deal on this set which is 4-PW for $429. I'm after a new iron set and I think these may fit the bill. Anyone got any comments on these irons before I go...
  5. J

Hello from Perth WA

Hi All, Been lurking for a few months and decided to sign up and join the fun. I'm living in Perth, Western Australia, but I am from the UK. Been here 5 months and it's going well so far. I used to play golf a fair bit and was consisistently shooting in the low 90's with my best round being...
Back