Recent content by jhtr20

1. jhtr20

The 60 and over Thread

I wish you a speedy recovery. As someone who has battled hip and back issues for years I can't recommend a hip mobility program enough. That and some core stabilization have done wonders for me. I often wonder what took me so long to look into it. For mobility I like Tom Merrick's golf...
  2. jhtr20

Alphard Golf club booster v2

@J4U thanks for the tip. It made setup and take down a lot easier.
  3. jhtr20

The 60 and over Thread

Got out in my Saturday morning league yesterday. Won my match, not sure about the team as I was playing solo. I really didn't feel like hanging around to find out. Being up 1 with 2 to go both opponents hit wayward drives on a 302 yard par 4. I re-engaged my brain after the previous hole's...
  4. jhtr20

The 60 and over Thread

Congratulations. I wish you the best in retirement and please enjoy more golf!
  5. jhtr20

Which Neighbor Are You?

The kind of neighbor who helps his neighbors without them asking. Everything from snowblowing and storm damage removal to asking strangers what their business is. One guy told me he wishes I was his neighbor.
  6. jhtr20

The 60 and over Thread

Don't let the old man in!
  7. jhtr20

What’s The Worst Weather You Have Played In?

Last weekend ranks right up there, 44*, wind and heavy steady rain from the drive to the course, nine holes and the drive home. Nothing was dry when I got home. My headcovers took 3 days to dry out totally.
  8. jhtr20

New England Members

3 hours for 9 is insane. I walked 18 at Four Oaks CC in under 3 1/2. FO is not the easiest to walk but I promised myself when I bought the V2 power cart that I'd not ride. I hope your future 9's play faster.
  9. jhtr20

New England Members

Yes it is but it was one of the only courses open locally.
  10. jhtr20

Official Rant of the Day

@Daluteh that is really nice of you to offer help. I am working with a career transition coach, she is going to write a professional resume and cover letter for me. The grim reality is being 62 years old the chances of me landing a comparable position with a remotely close salary is very slim...
  11. jhtr20

Official Rant of the Day

After 27 years, 5 months and a week of service, myself and more than half, 29 of 50, of our SAP org have been laid off. To be replaced by AI.
  12. jhtr20

Alphard Golf club booster v2

I bought one during the holiday sale and got out with it for the first time last week. No issues, gained skill with the remote and got excited a bit with a big wheelie going up a steep slope, it didn't tip over. I think I'll move the wheelie wheels down a notch before I play that course...
  13. jhtr20

The Official Banter Away Thread

Happy Saturday! Just wish it wasn't snowing. Work on core stability and putting today! Have a great weekend.
  14. jhtr20

Nirvana?

I was contemplating a Newton shaft for the driver. But after being told my last day of employment is 4/11 that is now on hold. I really like what is in my bag. There is not a club in there when I pull it out I don't have confidence in.
Back