Recent content by Ianr

1. I

Club in your bag you WILL NOT replace this year?

LAB DF2.1. Been in the bag for 2 years and not going anywhere.
  2. I

You have to play one brand of clubs... who are you going with?

Until recently I’d have said ping with 11 clubs in my bag. Now I have mainly Cleveland so would probably lean that way. The problem would be giving up my LAB putter!!!
  3. I

Build an "I Suck" Bag

I’ve sort of changed to an “I suck” bag recently. Driver - ping G430 Max 5 Wood - G430 again but only use this off the tee as my hybrid goes further off the floor. 3H - Cleveland Halo XL 5H - Ping G410 6i-DW - Cleveland launcher halo XL (switched from ping g425 irons) 52/56 - Cleveland CBX...
  4. I

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons

I started playing golf about 4 years ago with a package set. After a few months of playing I thought about getting fitted for some new irons and asked my coach about the Launcher HB Turbo Irons. He recommended against them partly because of resale value (why did I listen to him you may well...
  5. I

The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

If you're near the North West then the Srixon Centre of Excellence at Hartford Golf Club is excellent. I've demoed the Hywood there and loved it. They'll fit as well.
  6. I

After months of waiting I finally got to try the Hywood. I was comparing it against my 3 Hybrid (Cobra F7) and a Ping 3 Hybrid. Fortunately my local range now has trackman on every bay so the comparison could be more objective. I use the Cobra off the tee instead of driver (my score has...
  7. I

I’ve been following this thread closely over the last few months and really appreciate the comments on this club. I’ve got a gap between my driver and G425 4H and this looks a great option. So I’m planning to compare the Hywood with a 3H but have to patiently(!!) wait until the end of April...
  8. I

Club confidence....???

I’ve got a plan! Ping 4-6 hybrids will stay plus cbx2 56 and LAB df2.1 putter. Priorities at the start of the year will be to buy the ping g425 7 Hybrid and then wait 6 months for it to be delivered! Then a wait for the new Cleveland products to arrive in the uk. Ideally I’ll get the 44 and...
  9. I

Worst Sounding Driver?

About a year ago i was wondering why the tinnitus in my left ear was getting worse. I thought it was maybe the rock band I was playing in but I was wearing in ear noise cancellers. I finally realised it was my Ping G410+ driver and my left ear was exposed to the noise spike when I hit the ball...
  10. I

Question re golfer’s elbow

I've got tennis elbow in my left arm which has persisted for over a year. The initial cause was too strong a grip compounded by hitting off too solid a surface (mat on concrete!!) plus too many range balls!! I had an injection in my elbow joint in April and started playing again in June. It was...
Back